Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Chock/Bates had a shocking lack of ice coverage in the free dance at Skate America....I was hoping this dance would look better on video, but sadly it didn't at all. Blatantly overscored here -- Madison was off-balance her entire twizzle sequence. If this were a fair "sport", I think it's clear the Canadians and Finns should have beat them in the free dance.

I also thought Zingas was underscored here.... lovely, classy program.

Y'all need to face the fact that the Montreal bonus is almost as blatant as the Eteri bonus.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Y'all need to face the fact that the Montreal bonus is almost as blatant as the Eteri bonus.
The Montreal bonus is hard to evaluate because of the so many teams on top... the issue I have really is the pecking order within those Montreal teams...

I don't think LaLa should be below all 3 teams ahead of them. It is clear that being USA number 1 since HD retired has helped CB to move up. I don't understand how fear-gibson score higher than FBS/ LaLa... is it because FBS and LaLa are not the top Canadian team? It seems to me that the national pecking order gets more intense with teams at IAM. If Piper and Paul retired, would that now push FBS clearly above F/G ? This is what I notice but at the same time, is it just IAM.. it seems more intense there as I just said but it's pretty much everywhere... Should Lauriault-LeGac be satisfied being Canada's number 4 team ? Not going to home worlds? Not getting much opportunities?

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My hands are shaking so badly right now...
May I ask why? I mean the skating isn't at the level of past season. I guess the teams are fairly close at top? It was super tight in the fd bettween Chock and Bates and the Canadians which surprised me. But CB weren't at the top of their game. I wonder what goes on at IAM. It must be hard though they say it is great for training and getting better all that competition but you wonder when the bubble will burst with MFD branching out choreographying more and more singles and such. How do you stay fresh with so many teams. WHat if a team wants to move up - against one of your other teams. Remember last year the Danadians not even Canada's top team were challenging Chock and Bates and surely they were saying let's keep pushing at the same time Chock and Bates are saying we want to stay on the top were are the favourites give us somethign that will beat everyone including the other teams there in Montreal. If tested could MFD name each teams RD and FD? I guess with that kind of drama I can see shaking hands.

icewhite

Record Breaker
The Montreal bonus is hard to evaluate because of the so many teams on top... the issue I have really is the pecking order within those Montreal teams...

I don't think LaLa should be below all 3 teams ahead of them.

I think it's both. There's definitely a big Montreal bonus which is partly not as blatant because there's actually a very good team which is just better at choreo and packaging than most other coaches and choreographers, the music editing often is better as well. But it exists no doubt. Then there's the pecking order and in these past two seasons the total favorism towards C/B. But in part people are not upset about this because they are just a very popular team due to her looks, charisma, costumes and their real life relationship and their lifts. The only thing that stands out about them in terms of actual abilities are their lifts and positions and it seems many fans are okay with focusing on those. Fear/Gibson have a very similar recipe for success on a so far lower level, though.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think it's both. There's definitely a big Montreal bonus which is partly not as blatant because there's actually a very good team which is just better at choreo and packaging than most other coaches and choreographers, the music editing often is better as well. But it exists no doubt. Then there's the pecking order and in these past two seasons the total favorism towards C/B. But in part people are not upset about this because they are just a very popular team due to her looks, charisma, costumes and their real life relationship and their lifts. The only thing that stands out about them in terms of actual abilities are their lifts and positions and it seems many fans are okay with focusing on those. Fear/Gibson have a very similar recipe for success on a so far lower level, though.
well i am upset with gimmicks. I love ice dance. I actually know that CB can dance. They have done it very well in some programs. So why play gimmicks. I am not sure Fear Gibson would stay at the top if they skated a less acrobatic style.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In any case, thanks you all for watching. I am very sleep deprived but cannot go back to bed as the grocery delivery boy (his name is Zachary, but not Lagha LOL) is coming soon. I cannot wait to sleep for the next 15 hours or so

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
How id she get a L3 on that twizzle sequence?
The Level is clearly upsetting but the GOE of a couple judges (USA and GER) even more so... How in the world would any judge give only 1 point advantage GOE to FBS over CB with such a mishap for Madison. This where I hate the sport. Clear mistakes that untrained people can see should be punished.

icewhite

Record Breaker
In any case, thanks you all for watching. I am very sleep deprived but cannot go back to bed as the grocery delivery boy (his name is Zachery, but not Lagha LOL) is coming soon. I cannot wait to sleep for the next 15 hours or so

Ah, so you know his name, I hope this means he has been to your place before and left alive. That's good to hear.

Sackie

Medalist
I think the writing is on the wall as to who will win worlds again, no matter how the teams skate on that given day.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
May I ask why? I mean the skating isn't at the level of past season. I guess the teams are fairly close at top? It was super tight in the fd bettween Chock and Bates and the Canadians which surprised me. But CB weren't at the top of their game. I wonder what goes on at IAM. It must be hard though they say it is great for training and getting better all that competition but you wonder when the bubble will burst with MFD branching out choreographying more and more singles and such. How do you stay fresh with so many teams. WHat if a team wants to move up - against one of your other teams. Remember last year the Danadians not even Canada's top team were challenging Chock and Bates and surely they were saying let's keep pushing at the same time Chock and Bates are saying we want to stay on the top were are the favourites give us somethign that will beat everyone including the other teams there in Montreal. If tested could MFD name each teams RD and FD? I guess with that kind of drama I can see shaking hands.
I referred to me crowning Christina Carreira there, as of physically being in the arena.

rain

Record Breaker
I have not had a chance to watch any of this, but the scoresšŸ˜²

Suddenly Piper and Paul's outing last week is looking pretty darn strong, and LaLa is looking spectacular! We'll know better once they're all head to head, and hopefully without any major errors, but so far, it looks like LaLa could seriously challenge FB/S for Canadian silver this season.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I tried to judge new component marks for the first time (but from my TV screen), and my ranking is basically the same as the judges, but there is some differences in a sense that their marks were generally higher for the skaters in the penultimate group... Because ive started with Czech team form the second group, these are the marks I gave for this competition:
6th M/M (CZE) 7.75 7.75 8.25
5th Z/K (USA) 8.25 8.25. 8.00
4th C/P (USA) 8.25 8.25 8.25
3th T/V (FIN) 8.75 8.50 8.50
2th FB/S (CAN) 8.75 9.00 8.75
1th C/B (USA) 9.25 9.00 8.50

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I can watch Mrazkova/Mrazek all day...then I panicked and took a look and yup, Czech republic has 2 spots for worlds, so I will be seeing them live again! I love Tchalerova/Tchaler as well, but yeah. And I don't even like Tchaikovsky...