2023 Grand Prix Espoo Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix Espoo Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Something is wrong. Those twizzles for Madi were solid at Skate America. Here they were terribly off. Not sure twirling her around in a lift before going into the twizzles was a smart choreographic choice. I agree the dance doesn't really move as much as I'd like. There is a lot of innovative stuff in there. As usual they leave themselves stuff to work on.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This Free Dance of Chock/Bates is so unique and beautiful. And I cannot stop being very impressed by how agile Madison is!

I also want to add that Fournier-Sorensen/Sorensen got pretty close to them. Only 3.14 behind them overall. It used to be ... unthinkable.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh, it indeed happened. However I am thinking of competitions more long ago. There used to be constantly way more of a gap like 5 years ago.
That's ice dance for you... at some point Piper and Paul were WAY ahead of C/B. Then some teams retired, the judges reshuffled their playing cards and now C/B have emerged on top.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
They really cheaped out on the medals at this event. The flowers were nice, though.

slider11

Medalist
Just don't leave with the same feeling, comparing Piper and Paul and Madison and Evan. P/P tell me a story with incredible technical skills. M/E have amazing technical skills but I leave wondering what was that about. Something about the moon? a martian? snake?