2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Men's Free Skate

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Tuning in late... Grayson Long :dbana: just as I thought that he was home free he decided combos were overrated anyway.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, I guess Sanchez doesn't have the strong tech after all. Good fight, but I am happy he wasn't propped to the same degree Nakai was after this free. The podium was well-deserved, though Pitot was less bright than others in the top 4. Glad to see 3 different nations on the podium, including surprise New Zealand!

Also, I am super happy to see both Isralei competitors doing so well with 6th and 7th place finishes in women and men.

Overall though, I think, the conditions of the ice and climate unusual for a lot of competitors impacted the event.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is this the first time New Zealand made the podium for the JGP?

OK, I bit.

It took a while to go through 25 years of podium tables on Wikipedia. But, unless I am very much mistaken, this is indeed the first time that New Zealand has made the podium in the Junior GP Series.

And I bet Ted is proud! His adopted country has won lots of medals, but now his home country has finally done it!

CaroLiza_fan

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
I'm catching up the whole stream belatedly too (was/am busy this month, gonna have to do some prioritising...) 😅

Best Ina Bauer Award: Michael Xie (runner up Cody Kock)

Wenbao (and David Dai from last week at Asian Open) make me look forward to seeing more of the new generation of Chinese male singles.

I also liked Tamir and his energetic steppy choreo sequence. Definite Uncle B vibes!

Aww Yu-Hsiang don't be too hard on yourself, back to back competitions are tiring :console:

Yanhao is a great all-round skater but his toe jumps in particular deserve a mention, so springy and effortless. Clean skates, yay :clap: Keep up the good work!
Side note, Bess's bucket hat brings back primary school memories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip-Slop-Slap
I don't think she is worried about UV exposure here though :LOL: Hooray for sensible fashion trends!

Funny the two quad attempts of the event came from both Rios :D

Also just realised Francois Pitot looks a lot like Adian Pitkeev :eek:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching replays, so a few random thoughts...

Jacob, my son, you clearly have the talent and skating skills. Skating last for the first time, a case of the yips. So glad to see that as he progresses, the charm and showmanship and choreo stay, or even improve. This will be a building block for the next comp.

Yanhao Li, I pride myself on knowing something about junior men, and I didn't know about you. I do now. I love that New Zealand has a contender. I love the snap, crackle and pop, like any junior a work in progress, but the basics are there.

François, did I know Romain Ponsart was his coach? No, I did not, and how great to see him in the KnC. François needs more expression and commitment, especially with Cry Me a River. You need to commit :) Romain was able to do that himself, and hopefully could help.

And God bless the junior men and their costumes. They all had a strong costume game. :hap10:(I even like Jacob's costumes, so sue me)

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Lintao Zhang from ISU has uploaded photos from all the JGP Bangkok events in GettyImages here 😃
(and yes, new avatar from exactly one of the photos there... Still can't believe both my boys were on the podium 🥹)

Has anyone found a video of the medal ceremony by any chance?
I saw someone found the ceremony for ice dance, so I'm really hoping the men ceremony is also out there somewhere....