2023 Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Championships

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza T. WD 😅

Ovchinnikova was the 3rd withdrawal. Or 2nd if you consider Little Liza’s absence ineligibility rather than a withdrawal.

Both Liza situatIons aren’t straight forward. Tatiana Mishina said that Big Liza was never scheduled to be at the event in the first place and that she will be at the GP Final.

It’s crossed my mind that the SPb federation might have used her name to sell tickets knowing she would not be there. It’s not as uncommon as you think.

For tennis fans, ever wonder why official entry lists are so hard to find and almost never appear on the ATP or WTA websites? I know people who have worked for tennis tournaments. Let’s just say that the tournaments know about withdrawals way before the ticket buying public does.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Despite some step-outs, this was a lovely performance. 👌

Davai, Gleb!!! You're my man of this season! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Gleb is really consistency of the season. There're a lot of things to work on, but he doesn't pop or fall at all. He does these quads especially 4S like they are nothing to him.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Matvey is such an emotional skater. Love the way he feels the music...and love his 'blood stained' costume.