2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Started well. A bit rocky in the middle, but pulled it back together rather than unravelling.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
There were a few mistakes, but it was still a pretty decent skate by Kelly-Ann and Loucas. They have lots of nice qualities. Hopefully they will be able to put it all together soon.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
They have got to be the most adorable pairs team in the entire universe, their joy is infectious. He skated most of that smiling ear to ear.

Multitudes of virtual plushies to them!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they are so young... they've got time.. but yeah... we are demanding fans and don't want mistakes :)

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Daria DANILOVA / Michel TSIBA 🇳🇱
The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

3Tw2
3S (stepout from Daria, double from Michel?)
3LoTh (great job hanging on!)
1A+2A+1A+SEQ (very messy, they did 2As at different times, and there were stepouts)
5ALi4
ChSq1 +0.60
3FTh (2nd foot grazes down)
BiDs3
5RLi4
3Li4
PCoSp4

FS: 107.84 SB (2nd)
TOT: 165.01 (2nd)

I love their music choice. Good on Michel for improvising that 2A to salvage some points out of that messy combo, and Daria for saving that throw loop.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the Dutch team's use of "The Chain," but it seems they broke the chain. :(

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I haven't seen this team before. It's nice to see a team from a non-traditional figure skating nation, and they are decent skaters. However, there were lots of problems with the jumps. I did like their costumes, but I didn't really enjoy the program. It lacked excitement until the end.

Weathergal

Medalist
I saw "The Chain" and thought Oh I love that song! Then i got nervous it was going to be a cover. I like some covers, but lately there have been so many awful ones. So when the REAL Fleetwood Mac came on, I was delighted! Not perfect, but a nice skate! Love the interaction between them as well.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
You can always count on lower tier teams in Pairs and them messing up jump sequences, especially if there are axels there. I loved the song for the Dutch.

rain

Record Breaker
That was painful in terms of matching the performance of the choreography with the music. They seemed to be chasing the music the whole program. They missed I think ALL of musical highlights — the beat would hit and then a second later they'd do the hand movement that was supposed to go with it. And I love this song, so it seemed like a bit of a waste.

rain

Record Breaker
Laurin/Ethier had a bit of a disappointing outing. They are such a powerful team, and I think this is actually a good program for them. The awful grabbing of the blade in lifts strikes again. There's potential here, though I'd like to start to see some refinement in the very near future.