2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Anyone know why Sofia Bezkorovainaya was disqualified from novice women's? She skated her free program and received a score.
Heard she was DQ'd after the officials learned she was still doing practice ice when the competition has already started. Too bad she's a really good skater. Missed the opportunity to compete at the Junior nationals. Why Inna (the coach) didn't know about this rule baffles me.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just noticed the DSQ too. Sad, I love her and was excited she qualified for Nationals as she was in 2nd place. Oh man, thanks @yuki@thelake for the explanation. That's gotta be tough for her. :(

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Re advancement to the National Development Team, it says the top 4 in the section per level go to the camp. Does anyone know what happens if one of the 4 medalists in the sectional is from a different section? With dance in the Eastern and some of whom compete in singles as well; and we have pairs people coming to the midwestern some of whom compete in singles. I noticed this in Novice men in midwestern sectionals where the #4 is from the Pacific section. Does this mean Pacific gets to send 5 novice men to the High Performance National Development Camp while the midwestern section only has 3? Or Pacific gets to send their 4 novice men winners + this guy who medaled in Midwestern for a total of 5; while Midwestern will bring in the #5 guy so they get to have 4 in the national development camp? So confused! LOL

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Heard she was DQ'd after the officials learned she was still doing practice ice when the competition has already started. Too bad she's a really good skater. Missed the opportunity to compete at the Junior nationals. Why Inna (the coach) didn't know about this rule baffles me.
This is what I figured happened. There aren’t many ways to get DQed at the Novice level. The coach and/or skater really should know better. This is a rule for Regionals and up (so all qualifying) starting at Juvenile. Though she isn’t the first skater to get DQed because of it. The rule is that you cannot practice once your group starts, so the Novices took about 3 hours, she couldn’t be on the ice during that time (except warm up and competing).

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Rooting for Jacob Sanchez for junior men. He didn't do so hot in last year's nationals and didn't get any international skating assignments this year. I want him to beat Haugeto though the powers-that-be seem to love this boy. Gave him 2 JGP assignments initially but he bombed so badly in his first JGP that they didn't give him the second assignment.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rooting for Jacob Sanchez for junior men. He didn't do so hot in last year's nationals and didn't get any international skating assignments this year. I want him to beat Haugeto though the powers-that-be seem to love this boy. Gave him 2 JGP assignments initially but he bombed so badly in his first JGP that they didn't give him the second assignment.
I’m rooting for Jacob and Kirk. Jacob is on shaky ground though, and the long is unfortunately not his strength

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Had to run out and now back to see final group. Happy that Jonathan was able to have a good skate. I like him and he was so gutted after that SP because he knows what he's capable of.

Now come on Jacob, easy does it. Go Kirk and Robert.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Had to run out and now back to see final group. Happy that Jonathan was able to have a good skate. I like him and he was so gutted after that SP because he knows what he's capable of.

Now come on Jacob, easy does it. Go Kirk and Robert.
I like Jonathan and glad to see him do a good long. Jacob seems to have some growth spurt issues or something, though early this year Ilia told him to come to Reston so Tatiana can fix his lutz and his dad Roman can improve his flip

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He skated at Cranberry and got 2nd although I guess that’s not considered am International assignment.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nice by great godson Kirk. And that was not a fall, folks, he had gottten shot as in a mob hit. He is such a delightful kid.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! That was great from Kirk. I really thought he was going to go clean until that fall. Very weird music selections but who cares.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well that was not as bad as I feared and in fact was okay. Where will the judges place him? Kirk is sort of what Jacob was like a couple of years ago.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
That was a really nice skate from Jacob.. music from the Highlander have not heard in a while.. nice! He is growing so managing well

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Who is this Lucius? He winds up with Silver and Kirk a bronze. Oh Jacob please get some help with your jumps and your nerves.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok. Since I will never understand this, who is going to Nationals?