2023 U.S. Midwestern Sectionals & Pairs Final | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Midwestern Sectionals & Pairs Final

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
You mean one or both were already injured, so they just skated to participate and advance? I interpreted as they had a fall or something during their skate. I guess that makes sense since they didn't have anything else attempted on the score sheet. All of the teams were guaranteed to advance, but they couldn't get an injury waiver? Strange.
USFS no longer does medical byes and hasn’t for many many years. It is fairly common to see people skate around in pairs and mens just to advance. I remember one Sectionals one of a pair team was on crutches and got on the ice in skates and the other partner basically drug them around. I believe the powers that be said that too many people were abusing medical byes. I don’t really understand that as they are given on a case by case basis.
ETA - I once received a medical bye (long before the internet) and it took a few weeks and I received a form in the mail letting me know my bye was approved. If I remember correctly it went to a committee, but I could be misremembering.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Nathan Chapple sticks around for awhile. He's the right combination of graceful and athletic that makes him a joy to watch.
I adore him. So sorry I missed his skate. My brain and body were just overwhelmed and I had to sleep. I do t know how those of you who watch multiple screens regularly do it, but it’s not for me.

auser

Record Breaker
I adore him. So sorry I missed his skate. My brain and body were just overwhelmed and I had to sleep. I do t know how those of you who watch multiple screens regularly do it, but it’s not for me.
Sadly my internet bandwidth agrees with you. ;)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly my internet bandwidth agrees with you. ;)
I have pretty good bandwidth, I think it’s 800 mb. I just can’t keep up with 2 separate comps with different music and skaters at the same time

auser

Record Breaker
Ria is a lovely skater despite the falls. Looking forward to watching her grow. Here's hoping the second group has better luck.

midori green

On the Ice
Multi-screen/multi-event is not for me, either. I've stayed "local" at Mids/Pairs watching mostly the last group of events, then occasionally checking scoreboard info for Easterns.