2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Eastern Sectionals & Ice Dance Final

Ross74

Medalist
Wow I love that FD from Zingas and Kolesnik! I felt like I was at the ballet! A couple of mistakes from her that I noticed, but I love her positions in the air. And the leaps from both of them! Were they as fast as they looked?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does the team that had to wd still get to go through?

auser

Record Breaker
Wow I love that FD from Zingas and Kolesnik! I felt like I was at the ballet! A couple of mistakes from her that I noticed, but I love her positions in the air. And the leaps from both of them! Were they as fast as they looked?
Just missed it...rewinding to watch it. Thank goodness we can at least do that with no replays.
Yes, it was lovely.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably. I’ve always loved her. She was skating singles last year.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I liked that dance by Ling & Wien. Beatles music! Too bad they're in 3rd, does that mean they don't get to go Nationals?

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Does the team that had to wd still get to go through?
Probably not. For senior ice dance:
Senior: maximum of 15 teams inclusive of Byes and U.S. Ice Dance Final
There are already 10 byes so basically only the 1st to 5th teams will go through to the Nationals

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did see, although I couldn't comment.

My boy is coming back, I think he even won the free❤️. See you in San Jose (not that I'll be there, but he will be :) )

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, what’s next to qualify for Naumov? Is there another stage he has to place in?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just wishing Ting and Ava good luck tonight. I’m hoping these two grab the top two spots. Also, is it wrong for me to hope that the third place finisher, doesn’t top Sonja Hilmer’s score?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good luck to Ava! I just get a bit nervous about her flopping and missing Nationals. This is someone who is a contender for the Worlds Team

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ooh! Ava seems to have had a bad skate. She finished 2nd in the free skate portion behind Ting. But, she won gold comfortably. So, Ava and Ting join Elsa and Alexa at Nationals. One more Sectionals to go! The leading next three best scores are:

1) Sonja 2) Emilia 3) Wren (If Karen Chen doesn’t compete)

It looks like Sonja has a chance. She just needs for no more than four athletes to surpass 157, to qualify for Nationals, from the Pacific Sectionals (which to me, is the most difficult one).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Congrats to my Ting....I am so sorry you are injured and hurt.....will have good thoughts for you and cheer you on at nats. :pray::pray::pray: