2023 U.S.Nationals Jr. Free Dance | Golden Skate

2023 U.S.Nationals Jr. Free Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
SAP Center
525 W Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113

Mon, Jan. 23, 2023 - Sun, Jan. 29, 2023

Junior Free Dance
Wednesday, 25 January 2023
8:40 PM PST (UTC -8)

Time in Other Places

Where Are You Watching? Thread

StartNameRD
Rank
RD
Score
1Juliette Shadid, All Year FSC Lucas Shadid, All Year FSC
RD: "Sueño di Barrilete" by Susana Rinaldi; "Al- Andalus' by Manolo Carrasco and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
FD: "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle; choreo by Massimo Scali, Renee Roca
2Anabelle Larson, SC of Florida /
Jonathan Young, Florida Everblades FSC
RD: "Una Musica Brutal" by Gotan Project; "Puntales" by Manolo Corrasco
FD: "Steppin' Out With My Baby" by Tony Bennett; "Si Tu Vois, Ma Mere" by Sidney Bechet; "It Don't Mean a Thing"
by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga; choreo by Marina Zoueva, Maxim Kozhevnikov, Randi Strong
3Michela Melillo, Connecticut Skating Academy /
Sam Chen, Starlight Ice Dance Club
RD: "La Cumparsita" by Milva; "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" by Bryan Adams
FD: "Release" by Afro Celt Sound System; choreo by Svetlana Kuliikova
4Emma LEsperance, All Year FSC /
Mika Amdour, SC of Boston
RD: " Dance of Love" by David Goldsmith and Andrew Britton; "El Castillo de Santiago" by Epic Orchestral Spanish Guitars Music
FD: "The Illusionist Suite: The Locket" by Bruce Levingston and Phillip Glass; choreo by Svetlana Kuliikova
5Julia Epps, IceWorks SC Blake Gilman, Peninsula SC
RD: “Uccen – (DWTS Remix)” by Taalbi Brothers & “Tango D’amor” by Bellma Cespedes
FD: “Talking to the Moon” and “Runaway Baby” by Bruno Mars
6Kristina Bland, Detroit SC Matthew Sperry, SC of Northern Virginia
SP: "Querer" and "Que Viyera" by Cirque Du Soleil
FS: "Wishful Thinking" and "Unveiled" by Raul Ferrando and "The Feeling Begins" by Peter Gabriel; choreo by Igor Shpilband
7Leah Neset, Magic City FSC Artem Markelov, Magic City FSC
RD: “Backstage Romance" from Moulin Rouge! and "Tango d'Amor" by Tango Jointz
FD: "Hoist The Colours," "Mermaids" and "Drink Up Me Hearties" by Hans Zimmer and "My Name Is Barbossa" by Geoff Zanelli; choreo by Massimo Scali, Elena Dostatni, Nikolai Morozov
8Olivia Ilin, Washington FSC Dylan Cain, Washington FSC
RD: “Tango-Composition” by Mgzavrebi & “Uccen – (DWTS Remix)” by Taalbi Brothers
FD: “You’re the One that I want,” Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta, “Blue Moon,” Sha Na Na, & “Born to Hand Jive,” Sha Na Na
9Vanessa Pham, SC of Houston Jonathan Rogers, Texas Gulf Coast FSC
SP: “To Ostatnia Niedziela” by Jerzy Petersburski and “Uccen (DWTS Remix)” by The Taalbi Brothers
FS: “Scheherazade” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Igor Shpilband, Roman Zaretsky
10Helena Carhart, Florida Everblades FSC Volodymyr Horovyi, Florida Everblades FSC
SP: "Angelica" by Hans Zimmer and "Angry and Dead Again" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
FS: "Long Way Down" and "Another Love" by Tom Odell
11Jenna Hauer, All Year FSC Benjamin Starr, Charter Oak FSC
SP: "Adios Noninos" and "Felicia" by Forever Tango and "Malaguena Salerosa" by Chingon
FS: Pina soundtrack by Thom Heinrick; choreo by Svetlana Kuliikova
12Elliana Elliana Peal, Scott Hamilton SC Ethan Peal, Scott Hamilton SC and Ethan Peal
RD: "Otra Noche En La Viruta" by Otros Aires and "Bamboleo" by Gipsy Kings
FD: Halo soundtrack by Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori; choreo by Rob Peal

No.NamesQualify
WD
12/15
Anna Sophia O'Brien and Steven WeiU.S. Ice Dance
Final

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Peacock broadcast has started...dancers on ice for warm up. Best wishes to all dancers. :dance3:

Carol1

Medalist
Jenni Meno and Pikachu would be a wonderful pair or ice dance team if the pro circuit returns (and I pray it does).

auser

Record Breaker
Anabelle's dress is pretty. This program was kind of like a fun night at retro junior prom.

Carol1

Medalist
Dylan Cain in his Grease costume is so adorable, I may faint. I always tried to get my nephew Bryce to dress as Travolta's character for Halloween, but he wanted to be Sandy instead. Not surprisingly, Bryce is one of the most successful drag performers in Ohio now.

theblade

On the Ice
Solid skate from Kristina and Matthew, except for a fall on his twizzle sequence. Lovely presence on the ice.

auser

Record Breaker
Always sad to see falls in ice dance programs. But I enjoyed Kristina and Matthews skate overall and look forward to watching them grow.

Carol1

Medalist
I fell asleep three times while the last team was awaiting their marks, but this pirate program is waking me up, along with the double espresso martini I just fixed.

theblade

On the Ice
Slightly cautious but very strong performance from Leah and Artem. Very difficult choreo that was well-executed. Love the quality of this team. They don't take the easy road.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Watched this last night. Big redemption for Neset and Markelov pulling up from 7th to win the whole thing! So close (less than a point) was Carhart and Horovyi... who looked to be on their way to the win when she fell on the twizzles. Must've been heartbreaking for them. Hauer and Starr steadily got silver and the Peals for the pewter. Was not expecting to see so many falls in ice dance - three in the free, two in the rhythm dance. Don't know if it was Nationals nerves or just one of those things (like the infamous Torino dance event). Congrats to the medalists!