ISU World Figure Skating Championships
Mar 20 - Mar 26, 2023

Saitama Super Arena
8 Shintoshin, Chūō-ku, Saitama, 330-9111, Japan

Gala Exhibition
Sunday, 26 March 2023
15:00 JST (UTC +9)

Time in Other Places

I looked twice, I did not see a Gala thread so far, but just to keep this here for everybody interested:

FsEeCBGX0AEnkfV

Last edited by a moderator:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Finally found it on Peacock....and book marked it...but it wasnt easy...
Hope there isnt yak during the performances...dont know if it will be up for replay....
Printing out the combined results for reference, I noted that in two of the four disiplines, the winner of the FS didnt win the gold. Wonder how common that is? It could only happen in the new scoring system, except for some exceptional circumstances in the old.
thanks to yesterday for crib sheet for gala.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
strange strange choices in dance for instance... why Green Parsons and Lopareva Brissaud (who had their worst event in years) ahead of FBS for instance who are so exciting to watch and loved by the fans? Why no Chan and Howe... or even Lia and Trennt... I like the Germans but are they that fun to watch for galas??? I'd have Adam or Deniss over Aladin (who also had his worst worlds in years) Is Kukakova so special or Nicole?? I'd prefer watching Yelim or Bradie.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
strange strange choices in dance for instance... why Green Parsons and Lopareva Brissaud (who had their worst event in years) ahead of FBS for instance who are so exciting to watch and loved by the fans? Why no Chan and Howe... or even Lia and Trennt... I like the Germans but are they that fun to watch for galas??? I'd have Adam or Deniss over Aladin (who also had his worst worlds in years) Is Kukakova so special or Nicole?? I'd prefer watching Yelim or Bradie.
The choices are strange, who decides? So sad about Deniss. And Chaeyeon, got a small medal and highest TES , why not her?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
For the inclusion of skaters like H/K, L/B and Kurakova/Schott, I'd guess they're trying to give different countries a moment in the spotlight, rather than adding another big fed skater?

As for Green/Parsons, they do have a very fun exhibition, which I'd guess is why they're included?

Just my guesses, I have no idea of the actual logic behind the selections :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Most of my favorites are on the list but I sure will miss FBS. Their FD was simply mesmerizing; guess I’ll have to content myself with a re-watch and look forward to next season. ;):love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For the inclusion of skaters like H/K, L/B and Kurakova/Schott, I'd guess they're trying to give different countries a moment in the spotlight, rather than adding another big fed skater?

As for Green/Parsons, they do have a very fun exhibition, which I'd guess is why they're included?

Just my guesses, I have no idea of the actual logic behind the selections :laugh:
It's not like France wasn't represented with Kévin or Germany with H/K/ Nicole (or vice versa)... I am actually not a fan of the GrPa exhbition but oh well ;) it's all good... i am just tired from too much watching and this afternoon, I had to stop myself from watching Pairs on TV commentated by Meagan Duhamel.... ;) i decided to record it however... for later :)

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
Kurakova has indeed that fun pirates of the caribbean program this season. Plus smaller fed, so that's okay-ish.
Other decisions :shrug: Latvia would also fit the small fed theme.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
Morisi? That will be the Aladdin program for the umpteenth time.... I don't know, given HD had a shitty season, it doesn't seem appropriate to send him out to do a happy comedy program...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No Emily & Spencer 😲😔😓
I too would be interested in who is offered a spot and are they paid and what if they are not in the top 3? The 8th and 9th pair are there. I personally wouldnt be so presumptuous as to ask Emily these questions...she went to the Shinjuku Gyoen National Gardens as she posted on her instagram...but maybe some one here knows these answers. Personally, I like the idea of some Jrs from the host nation but think the placements should determine who is OFFERED a position. Of course, if you are not in the top 3, I have no problem if some skaters wish to go exploring Japan instead of being in the GALA. Especially if it doenst pay. Heck, I would want to go to the National Gardens.....

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The important question:

Who will Keegan do his last competition gala backflip over?

😭
I wonder if it'll be Shoma, he sure knows how to lie flat on the ice. 🤣
(I mean this in the best possible way! It appears Keegan helped Shoma out when he got injured, so it would probably be a good choice...if Shoma's willing to do this.)