2023 World Championships Exhibition | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023 World Championships Exhibition

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This was definately a great gala (Still up at 11 am PDT) and OMG synchro skaters without screaming mothers! What a treat. Poor Mao...she did NOT want to fall.
I am still curious about how many skaters out of the top 3 are offered to skate in the galas and turn down the opertunity for what ever reason. Dont know if there is money involved for the 9th place skaters who skated. And yes, I am sure some skaters are chosen due to their popularity. I still would have offered Chaeyeon a spot. So happy to see her live at Four conts....and I would have been happy with many others....
Well done, Japan. You rock.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
This was definately a great gala (Still up at 11 am PDT) and OMG synchro skaters without screaming mothers! What a treat. Poor Mao...she did NOT want to fall.
I am still curious about how many skaters out of the top 3 are offered to skate in the galas and turn down the opertunity for what ever reason. Dont know if there is money involved for the 9th place skaters who skated. And yes, I am sure some skaters are chosen due to their popularity. I still would have offered Chaeyeon a spot. So happy to see her live at Four conts....and I would have been happy with many others....
Well done, Japan. You rock.

My impression was that you had to pay a fine if you don’t skate in the gala (if invited) so I don’t think skaters usually would turn it down unless they are injured.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I hope the videos of the highlight performances wil go up on Youtube soon because I can't seem to download the wole show because of the Opera VPN. Is it really too hard to make FS available permanently on Youtube for everyone? Not like they're missing out on revenue if it's just available nowhere...
I really need to save Kazuki's performance somehow.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My impression was that you had to pay a fine if you don’t skate in the gala (if invited) so I don’t think skaters usually would turn it down unless they are injured.
I was told that if you were in the top 3 and uninjured, your statement is correct. But so far, no one has come out with anything definitve. There must be rules somewhere?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Watching the gala on tv with kurt and carol lane as commentators.

Rizzo : fun stuff
Cha : what not to love. He is so beautiful to watch

Carol Lane told a few things about piper and paul.

Piper got a message from Chris Dean saying that their performance was the most emotional free dance he had ever seen.

When Brenda Irving mentioned worlds in Montreal next year, Carol said it was already a very big and difficult decision for them to be back one more year. Apparently, there were two deaths in Paul's family and all the medical issues with Piper... it did sound like the possibility of seeing them next year is indeed very slim... Kurt said he would be thrilled to see what else they could bring next year but yeah... from Lane's words, I am not too hopeful...

Shoma : i want his costume..so nice... he is such a musical skater. I am so grateful for Shoma...i feel lucky to have had a favorite skater every year from jeff to patrick to nathan to shoma... and when shoma goes.... i guess cha is next in line for my figure skating fan attention...

Kaori is just so happy. What not to love? I cannot wait to experience the kaori flow and speed live from the rink next year.

Last edited: