2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Free Skate

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you think Deanna and Max will retire after this year? Mind you the lure of Montreal might help. Lia and Trennt have a great future. six mos and no. 6 in the world. Wow! I saw some Meghan Duhamel influence on MK especially the throw triple lutz. I believe though the lutz is worth the same as the flip? Hmmm I think we can tell why pairs tend not to do quads any more like Duhamel and Radford - it just isn't worth it and too risky. An individual lutz is 5.9 pts. Throws are worth over half a point less. What about BRandon and Alexa? I suppose they might want to stay on til the next olympics if the Russians don't come back and China is sort of non existent/developing again. The second Americans look ready to move on to the podium. I expected more from the Germans and Georgians but they too could come along with the Australians who unfortunatley had a rough short. I would have loved to see the Canadians at least get a small medal here but they didn't even do that. I think Deanna and Max really need to get her to be a diva in these performances and they need to push the envelope with tech skill and amplutide on their elements. That's one thing I think is appropriate criticism. Teh amplitude is lacking.
You must have been watching with no commentary. They said Deanna and Maxime are committed through 2026 and possibly beyond. Deanna says she’s the oldest now and she will still be the oldest then and she wants to write her own story. Now obviously catastrophic injuries (god forbid) happen, and other things. But those are their plans.

I get the definite feeling that Brandon and Alexa plan to retire, especially since they’ve moved back to Illinois. The only reason I can think of that they might change their mind is to do it for Todd.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t have a coach there. I know obviously Todd and Jenni could not be there, but Chris is listed as one of their coaches. Why couldn’t he be there?

My favorite part was Alexa sending Jenni a hug from the K&C. Just so cute.

I would not be surprised if Ellie and Danny passed Chen/Howe.

It has taken me ..2 days to watch this? It’s MUCH more fun with y’all.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Max and Deanna are hoping to become Olympians.
Yes for throws, lutz and flip are worth the same.
People tend to forget that it's pretty much Max and Deanna's first full/complete season on the circuit... first worlds together. They are working on upgrading their elements... for instance, they added the axel on their series of jumps. (i think they even plan for a 2a). The 3s didn't happen tonight and was costly but they added it for 4cc. Throws are better and better. Twist is AWESOME. Lifts are great. Love it or hate it, their DS is earning them good points... I think they weakest element other than mistakes tonight may have been that pair spin which lacked ease and steam at the end of the program.
Not only that but she was quite ill during a good part of the season.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wished the last six skated slightly better... but it was a great event anyway. I am a bit surprised, even disappointed that there was no reshuffling in the rankings from 2-10th place which could have been expected considering how close the scores were.
I am very happy for some of my favourite pairs but slightly disappointed for Max and Deanna. I think it's no secret that Max is one of my favourite skaters : so it hurts a bit... but then, i can rejoice for Trennt and Lia... so i am okay. M/K won this with their stellar SP and i am glad they did. I would have been disappointed if KF had won it with the skates they had in both the SP and LP... at least MK had one superb skate.

Italians will probably start getting more recognition : they deserve it for their polished style and consistency.

I cannot wait to watch all of these teams live in Montreal next year :)
No reshuffling leads to boredom.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I just saw this interview with Bruno 😍😍😍; They talk about adding the 2A to the combo so his team has enough points to make a mistake and that this jump is why they won the gold medal here. They echoed my statement from earlier. Wow! I love myself a points nerd 🤓

This is what makes me love Bruno and Meagan even more….. combos make a difference ☺️🤗
Love this camp. Canada’s Pairs is in good hands with this camp. Japan seems to have taken full advantage 😝