2023 Worlds: Free Dance | Thoughts | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Worlds: Free Dance | Thoughts

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe the deduction on PCS should be raised in Ice Dance because a fall (unlike an over-extended lift) ruins the impression of the program? If I'm not mistaking, currently there is a limitation on PCS if there is a fall but not to a degree that it matters much.

It could become an issue though because the skating speed increases and hence the top teams tend to fall more often. Talking about which, it would be very interesting to have ice metrics plainly on speed in Ice Dance. Maybe Japanese technicians will invent that if Dai and Kana make progress :)
I believe the commentators said with a fall the max PCS could only be 4.5. Not sure if that would go down with subsequent falls.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I believe the commentators said with a fall the max PCS could only be 4.5. Not sure if that would go down with subsequent falls.
They must mean, only 9.45
In the ISU rulebook though, it stands that:
For all Components: *When there is only one error and this error minimally impacts the program, the maximum score of 9.50 is possible as noted above. Note: For the above to apply, the program as a whole is still deemed to be “Excellent”. **When there are 2 or more errors and these errors only minimally impact the program, the maximum score of 8.75 is possible.
So I guess in case of C/B max 9.50 was possible.