2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Pair SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Pair SP

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So the hockey school Trent was with before he was asked to leave cause of bad skating skills was basically called doughnut holes?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Okay, I've settled on this program being a slay, and not annoying as I feared it would be after seeing it for the first time. 🙈 Such a shame about the throw fall, this hasn't been a great week for title favourites, has it? :(

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The fall, ooof! Deanna and Maxime just have a presence together, and I agree with Charlie: they want to perfect their programs for worlds.

Deanna just wants to perfect her programs period.:biggrin:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well another Canadian feast. I thought Lia and Trennt should be on top, but as I'm also a fan of Deanna and Maxime, I won't quibble and their performance is really good. Imagine getting up so quickly after a fall when you're fourty. Respect!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have to wonder if Deanna is putting to much into being perfect on every element every time that she lets things get away at times.
I don't disagree. Especially this year, I've felt a loss of the big picture from her. However, even before last year, I think Deanna and Max started out great in the earlier part of the season and seemed to lose a bit of steam. That's just true of some skaters. But with a good rest before 4cc and worlds, things can change.

I also would've had Lia and Trennt ahead.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Personally, I'd rather she fell in love with pairs. That's just me.
Well, maybe she watched old performances by Jean-Michel and Michelle, thought it looked like fun, was inspired to try it, and then fell in love with it. Who knows. I was out of competition by the beginning of the 1990s but still hanging around on the fringes, and there was a group of then-second-tier pairs who were my friends and who hadn't yet settled with their best final partners.
“I’m a little unsteady.” Let’s sing that a few more times, shall we, in this pairs program.

Sometimes music choices mystify me
I always cringe when someone chooses I Dreamed a Dream, in case they have a really off-night and have to skate to "I dreamed my life would be so different from this hell I'm living".