2024 Russian National Championships for Boys and Girls (Senior Age), Kazan | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Russian National Championships for Boys and Girls (Senior Age), Kazan

Arwen17

Final Flight
The girl currently skating looks like she's 7 or 8, not 12. She's tiny! I like her tho.

Arwen17

Final Flight
Also, I'm always surprised they play mostly english language songs during warmups? Even for novice competitions? You would think they would mostly play Russian songs at native Russian events. I get why they skate to English songs, to prepare for international judges, but its strange the warmups are using English songs in the background while all signage etc is in Russian and most of these kids and audience only speak Russian.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is English language music just generally really popular in Russia or something?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
So sad for Fefelova/Valov to miss the podium by such a small margin, but congrats to the medalists ❤️
Sad, but they seem very popular for not even junior-eligible ice dancers. I think they will win this competition in next years. It looks like they'll have comparable popularity to K/A by seniors.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is English language music just generally really popular in Russia or something?
Many of the songs they use are really popular in Russia, but not all of them. Maybe it's also related to music copyrights. And also popular Russian songs may have lyrics that are not suitable for such competitions (English songs too, but not many people understand them, ha).

Arwen17

Final Flight
may have lyrics that are not suitable for such competitions (English songs too, but not many people understand them, ha).

hahahahaa very true. I remember plushenko posting a jump to a music clip that clearly showed nobody understood english over there.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
God, I forgot it's in Kazan.

May we have all junior competitions here so that Riana is always in this shape.

Her 2A became really huge. 3A is in progress I believe.

Arwen17

Final Flight
Riana a local skater? She seems to have brought her cheer squad with her.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The girl currently skating looks like she's 7 or 8, not 12. She's tiny! I like her tho.
She's one of the younger ones here, but not actually the youngest, believe it or not 😁 That's Polina Solntseva (unless one of the girls without publicly available birthdays is born after November 2011).

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The TES drop... Lutz edge? 🤔

She seemed disappointed. I thought it was her best skate ever. She also moved he combination to the second half.

katymay

Medalist
It's been a long season and I think I'm seeing some fatigue for these kids. It is hard to keep up the intensity after a while. You hate to see them sad, they all have talent and potential.