2024 Russian National Championships for Boys and Girls (Senior Age), Kazan | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024 Russian National Championships for Boys and Girls (Senior Age), Kazan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I didn't expecte it but I'm afraid Plushenko's influence is starting to show even this early...
Nothing to do with Plushenko, she's had issues with this spin multiple times during the whole season.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
And with nerves in the SP in general
Honestly, I don't think it was a good choice for her to keep both programs for a second season, especially the Short.
She seems like a skater who needs to be kept on her toes a bit to not get nervous, when she's too comfortable she starts to overthink.

Remilia

On the Ice
Honestly, I don't think it was a good choice for her to keep both programs for a second season, especially the Short.
She seems like a skater who needs to be kept on her toes a bit to not get nervous, when she's too comfortable she starts to overthink.
I assume the main reason she kept the programs is because she had a late start to the season due to having surgery (?). Probably just wasn't enough time for her to learn new ones

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I'd have Liza or Riana in first, tbh. It's not like their spins don't deserve the bonus. Sure, the judges found something, but after all, Nadya had a noticeable mistake, and it's also known she has Flutz.
Honestly, I don't even think bonuses should be given at competitions that are used for the selection of the National team.
They don't use them at the Junior or Senior level, so there's no reason to use them at the Novice level either.

At the end of the day, if you are a good jumper or spinner, you'll already be rewarded in BV and GOE, no need for extra bonuses.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I assume the main reason she kept the programs is because she had a late start to the season due to having surgery (?). Probably just wasn't enough time for her to learn new ones
True, that would have probably been an issue. Still, I think it would have been better to change at least one of the programs, better the Short (as it's the shorter one of the programs), even if it would have meant delaying the start of the season even more (or maybe doing less competitions within a few weeks right after returning from injury, but who am I to suggest that).