2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate

GGFan

Record Breaker
It still amazes me that the quad axel is an element Ilia can count on landing and not something that's just a hope an a prayer. The timing on the quad loop is tough so that wasn't surprising. The fall on the lutz and the popped quad toe were much more surprising. I think next year the choreo for the free needs to improve. They're on the right track with the short.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It still amazes me that the quad axel is an element Ilia can count on landing and not something that's just a hope an a prayer. The timing on the quad loop is tough so that wasn't surprising. The fall on the lutz and the popped quad toe were much more surprising. I think next year the choreo for the free needs to improve. They're on the right track with the short.
I have an idea.

Pairluv

Final Flight
Crazy. But, boy, just because you have a lot of points, you can't give them up at Worlds. I don't think Daddy is impressed with sloppy skating.

This is going to shake up 4CC and Worlds and whoever is going to China needs to be on a plane tonight.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
He wins! I wish he would quit with the nonsense layouts at Nationals when he can win with less quads. Save it for Worlds!

triplelutzzzzz

On the Ice
Country
United-States
#Ilia Malinin
Music: Succession Soundtrack

1. 4 Axel
  2. 4 Lutz
  3. 1 Loop (popped)
  4. 4 Salchow
  5. Change Camel Spin 4
  6. Step Sequence 3
  7. 4 Lutz (fall) (REP)
  8. 2 Toe (popped)
  9. Choreo Sequence
  10. 3 Lutz + 3 Axel + 3 Toe + SEQ
  11. Flying Sit Spin 4
  12. Combo Spin 4
Totals FS Score: 185.78
Final Score: 294.35

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ilia seemed asleep during the first half. Not his best skate, but enough. Was it because no one could challenge him? I think the music is too slow for him for most of it.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For some reason my Peacock stream slowed down as Ilia was falling on his quad lutz, as if it was bracing for impact...