Alissa Czisny's show schedule for April 20-22, 2007 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny's show schedule for April 20-22, 2007

Sylvia

Record Breaker
... can we expect to see the "U.S. bronze medalist" in Detroit on April 20? Neither her web site or the COI site lists her as skating. Have you heard anything lately in the news?
Yes! Alissa will be performing in the Detroit COI show. It was in today's Free Press.
The Detroit Free Press is apparently wrong in this case.

I can confirm via her webmaster that Alissa Czisny is currently scheduled to perform in the club shows in Bowling Green, Ohio on April 20-21 (see: http://www.icehorizons.org/ ) and will therefore be unable to skate in the Detroit (4/20) and Rochester, NY (4/21) shows of Champions on Ice. Alissa plans to rejoin the tour for the COI show in Boston on April 22.

Hopefully her official site will soon confirm/publish her show schedule for April and beyond (I'll post a link if/when it happens).

Last edited:
No problem. Both shows start at 7:30. Alissa could skate first in COI, then hop on I75 and be in Bowling Green in an hour and a half -- just in time to close the club show! (Does she need a ride?)

I see that Amber Czisny will also be skating at the Bowling Green show! :rock:

http://www.icehorizons.org/AmberCzisny.jpg

PS. While Alissa is doing this, she could simultaneously conduct an experiment on measuring the circumference of the earth. On the steps of the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, she takes out her scissors, points one blade at the horizon, the other at the North Star, and measures the angle (42 and a quarter degrees).

When she gets to Bowling Green, she repeats the experiment. This time she gets 41 and a quarter degrees.

Kwowing that Bowling Green is about 70 miles south of Detroit as the crow flies, she constructs the following ratio and solves for C, the circumference of the earth:

1 degree difference / 360 degrees = 70 miles / C,

so C = 360 x 70, about 25000 miles. :p

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YAY! Alissa's going to be in Philly COI! :clap: :party: Really, I'm thrilled that she'll be doing the whole tour. It's about time!

OK, we're a little spoiled. We got to see her in the Marshalls show on Friday night. I smiled and waved to her, and she smiled and waved back! :love:

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Brooke Castile and Ben Okolski are now scheduled to skate in the Detroit show (even though Alissa will not be there).

laurenjm

Spectator
:) Alissa will NOT skate the Detroit COI show! That was confirmed to me by her coach several weeks ago!

She is in great demand everywhere!! Yeah!! for her!!:clap: :clap:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I can confirm via her webmaster that Alissa Czisny is currently scheduled to perform in the club shows in Bowling Green, Ohio on April 20-21 (see: http://www.icehorizons.org/ ) and will therefore be unable to skate in the Detroit (4/20) and Rochester, NY (4/21) shows of Champions on Ice. Alissa plans to rejoin the tour for the COI show in Boston on Sunday, April 22.
Just bumping this up as a reminder. I also included this weekend's Bowling Green club show in my "Upcoming club & benefit shows across the USA" thread that lists all the U.S. skating club shows and benefits known to me in April and May so far. If anyone attends one of the Bowling Green shows, feel free to share your impressions here.