Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - Silver Samba

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Carolina HERMANN / Daniel HERMANN - GER
Pb 26.85 - Her in orange him in black
Little bit of back & forth in kilian pos and bit far apart most of the rest of the time - quite good speed & flow
0 GOE on all sections except - GOE #1 & 2 on 2nd pattern TES 15.30 PCS 12.37 Tot 27.67 new PB currently 4th

italia

Rinkside
Where it has - GOE on all segements...Is that what you would give it, or are they showing the judges scores at the event

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE - CAN
Pb 29.34 her in hot pink with silver trim him in black
Huge pattern - right to centre ice - nice matching lines - very close together - they do the scissors the way I prefer them done - excellent speed & flow. There were a couple of spots where I feel that the dancing wasn't quite as dancey as it could have been - namely the short end of the rink at the start of each pattern.
+ GOE on all sections TES 16.48 PCS 13.95 Tot 30.43 new PB currently 3rd

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Where it has - GOE on all segements...Is that what you would give it, or are they showing the judges scores at the event
I assume Rosaleen can see the judges' scores on a computer because she's part of the official media.

Thanks for the PBP as always, Rose!

Rosaleen

Medalist

I've got a screen that shows all the 'elements' and what the GOE and score was for each element - it's great - all the details right away

Rosaleen

Medalist
17 Leigh ROGERS / Lloyd JONES - GBR
Pb 23.02 Both in black with silver with big belt buckle at hip
Generally their leg extensions aren't quite what they should be (esp coming afther WEA/POJ) - they get very slow through the scissors section
0 GOE on ½ the dance and - GOE on the other half TES 14.51 PCS 11.08 Tot 25.59 new PB currently 10th

Rosaleen

Medalist
18 Camilla PISTORELLO / Matteo ZANNI - ITA
Pb 34.27 her in orange with yellow at waist him in black with orange belt
Very good speed & flow to start & kept it up through the dance, upright scissors - this I like but not quite as perfectly matched as they could be on the leg lines in other parts of the dance
+ GOE on all segs except 0 on the 2nd one of 2nd pattern TES 16.31 PCS 13.95 Tot 30.26 currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
19 Maria MONKO / Ilia TKACHENKO - RUS
pb n/a her in hot pink with black down one side him in black with sequins on one shoulder & hip
Very good speed & flow - excellent closeness and they maintain it throughout - upright scissor steps - great expression but not overdone - I think possibly the best so far unless there was something wrong with the timing (and I don't think there was).
+ GOE on all segs TES 16.69 PCS 14.43 Total 31.12 (guess I was wrong, or was I?) currently 3rd

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
20 Alexandra MAKSIMOVA / Egor MAISTROV - BLR
Pb 22.93 Dark garnet red velvet skirt with black on top him in dark red top black pants
I was looking down but I think I heard one of them hit the boards on the short end of the 1st pattern quite far apart for most of the dance
-GOE on all segments TES 12.29 PCS 8.04 Tot 20.33 currently 20th

Rosaleen

Medalist
21 Tamsyn SCOBLE / Quiesto SPIERINGSHOEK - RSA
Pb n/a her in hot pink with cutouts down side him in black / they're quite slow and steps and extensions aren't well defined and quite far apart, but it's good to see them here and they’re showing good expression. Nice quiet edges - no scratching /
- GOE on all segments TES 11.07 PCS 7.01 Tot 18.08 currently 21st

Rosaleen

Medalist
22 Grethe GRUENBERG / Kristian RAND - EST
Pb 31.62 her in day-glo orange with loads of fringes hanging everywhere him in black
Excellent speed (esp after the last team) - bit of accordianing at times in kilian pos but generally nice & close together - leg lines don't always match but when they do are very nicely matched - expression was very good
+ GOE on all segs TES 17.57 PCS 14.85 Tot 32.42 currently 1st (guess that reallys says what I know about dance)

Rosaleen

Medalist
23 Elodie BROUILLER / Benoit RICHAUD - FRA
Pb 31,83 her in illusion top with lots of glitter and black skirt made of a feather boa?? Looks like a tail - Him in black
He had a slip (replay showed he lost his edge a bit) just past the judges on the 1st pattern but picked it up right away, very good speed & flow quite close all the way through with upright scissor steps, expression was ok but think they lost it a bit after the slip
- GOE on section with slip 0 or just above on other sections TES 15.79 PCS 13.78 Tot 29.57 currently 7th

Rosaleen

Medalist
24 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV - RUS
Pb 33.28 Her in red with cutouts and him in red tank top with very dark red over-shirt
Taking a few minutes to get into pos & picking up pieces of what I assume are feather boa
I like the way they danced the 1st section - not sure if timing was perfect but it felt right to me - different than most other teams - they seemed almost a bit choppy though at the end of the pattern on the opposite short end of the rink - not quite the speed & flow of some of the other top teams
+ GOE on all segments TES 19.37 PCS 16.14 tot 35.52 new PB currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
25 Nadezhda FROLENKOVA / Mikhail KASALO - UKR
Pb 28.50 her in dayglo orange him in matching shirt - shirt is 'tied' in front and short & black pants
Good speed & flow - some steps seem a bit muddy to me - a little bit of accordianing in kilian pos
0 GOE on ½ the dance - GOE on the other TES 15.06 PCS 12.08 Tot 27.14 currently 11th

Rosaleen

Medalist
26 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST - SUI
Pb n/a both in dark navy with gold lame bands across chest him with sequin 'pockets' on his pants
Very little definition on a lot of the quick steps & fair bit of accordianing on kilian - but nice & close at times - think I saw a couple of very minor little slips by each of them - speed & flow as quite good
- GOE on all segments TES 12.09 PCS 8.39 Tot 20.48 currently 24th

Rosaleen

Medalist
27 Irina STORK / Taavi RAND - EST
Pb 22.00 her in orange & dayglo green/yellow dress completely made of fringe (think Charleston times) him in black
They look really young and are quite a bit smaller than most of the other teams - good speed & flow - fair bit of accordianing and not quite as close as they should be for most of the dance. Not a lot of expression.
- GOE on all segment TES 12.74 PCS 8.71 Tot 21.45 currently 21st

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Rosaleen you did not seem all that impressed with Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV. Any thoughts on why they are in first?

BTW, we love you for these great reports!!!

gkelly

Record Breaker
Rosaleen, when you refer to the end pattern on "the opposite short end of the rink" -- since we don't know where you're sitting -- do you mean the end with the forward steps or the end with the back change of edge?