Cup of China - Rosters | Golden Skate

Cup of China - Rosters

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thumbs Up, Baby!

YES! :agree:

If this entrants' list holds as planned, it should be a phenomenal opportunity to see two powerhouse skaters go at it (reminiscent of the Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman fights of old). And I'm talking about the following:

Miki Ando (JPN; 16 yrs. old, 5'3") -- 1st woman to have ever landed a Quad in competiton (no one else has been able to match this athletic feat btw), 1st woman to have ever landed a Quad & Two 3/3s in competition (ditto), and 3rd woman to have ever landed a 3/3/2 in competition (Irina Slutskaya being the first, as well as Shizuka Arakawa the second). Not to forget to mention Miki went undefeated in ALL her JGP competitions! 'nuff said. :cool:

Irina Slutskaya (RUS; 25 yrs. old, 5'3") -- 1st woman to have ever completed a 3Z/3R in competition (Miki Ando being the second), 1st woman to have ever completed Two 3/3s in competition (Sarah Hughes being the second; btw Miki Ando has done it several times since then), and 1st woman to have ever completed a 3/3/2 in competition (Shizuka Arakawa being the second, with Miki Ando the third). 'nuff said. đź‘Ť

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Oops, one more name to add to the aforementioned powerhouses ~ Yukari Nakano ~ whom will also be competing at COC. And is known as the 3rd woman to have ever completed a 3A in competition. 'nuff said. :rock:

:party:BRING IT ON!!!:party2:

Last edited:
Interesting! Irina is still listed. Maybe she will skate. I hope so and hope the skate is as good as she is up to.

Ando again. And the second Finnish lady, Kettunen

Savoie and Craig in the mix with top tiers Buttle and Lindemann.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'm pulling for Angela.

Is this a scoring or non-scoring event for Chait & Sakhnovsky? I was surprised to see them listed since they've already competed at SA & SC.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Update:

Irina Slutskaya is in the house, baby, and ready to get it on ~ landed a 3/3/2 (i.e. 3S/3R/2T) in practice today ~ per a poster over @ a Chinese skating board. :rock:

Peace, Love & Excited, Nadine

:)THE 'KID' (Miki Ando) VS. 'THE CHAMPION' (Irina Slutskaya) ----- BRING IT ON!!!:love: