Dutch Figure Skating 2022-2023 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dutch Figure Skating 2022-2023

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Report after the SP junior women at Latvian Trophy. There was a problem with music in the beginning, otherwise I am sure Julia van Dijk would have skated better at the start. She's still done well, and in 3rd place for now (anything can happen in the FS of course), Well done Julia! :cheer: :cheer: :points:

The other Dutch entrees were a bit of a mixed bag in the SP: out of 24 girls Isabella Smit is in 6th, Emilia Soloukhin in 7th, Jolanda Vos in 8th, Nerea Mur in 13th, Josephine Boer in 15th, Jane Knoester in 20th and Sharon Luit in 21st place.

Tomorrow everything can change, but it certainly is looking good for Julia so far. Good luck tomorrow to all the young women! :hap10::hap10:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
As I said: everything can change with the FS, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating....

The final results:
In 4th: Isabella Smit (was 6th)
In 7th Jolanda Vos (was 8th)
In 8th Emilia Soloukhin (was 7th)
In 9th Julia van Dijk (was 3rd)
In 13th Nerea Mur (was 13th)
In 15th Josephine Boer (was 15th)
In 20th Sharon Luit (was 21st)
In 23rd Jane Knoester (was 20th)

The only girls who remained in exactly the same place are Nerea and Josephine. Poor Julia had a terrible FS and actually was 12th in this part of the competition. I am sure she would have hoped for more.

I still think on the whole they did well. :cheer: :cheer:

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Provisional entrees for the Bavarian Open (31st of January-5th of February) are up.

It's good to see Daria Danilova/Michel Tsiba (pair) and Chelsea Verhaegh/Sherim van Geffen (ID) will be competing. As the other couples in both disciplines will be at Euros (a week before), preparation for Nationals (a hidden Nationals in the Challenge Cup in February) is continuing for everyone - although the can attend two pairs at Worlds. I'm not sure about the minimum TES for the ID couples but both have the opportunity to work on them!

There will also compete four Jr women: Imke Jagersma, Tessel Clercx, Lois Libregts and Jolanda Vos. There is also a Dutch pair among the junior contestants: Gulia Anna Rosanna Papa/Gregory Kornienko. I've never heard their names before (probably my bad as I am not so good in following younger skaters). There will also be an advanced novice girl: Naomi Wessels.

Euros first, and then Bavarian Open. I am already looking forward to both!

Last edited:

LoisAGOEs

Rinkside
Papa/Kornienko first appeared on the JGP Solidarity Cup entry list before quickly being removed, I assume there was probably an injury or they just weren’t ready to compete at the time. Papa has switched from Italy, she used to be partners with Riccardo Maglio (who’s been competing on the GP with Irma Caldara this season).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
To add to what was already said, they also took part in the KNSB-Cup A2 in November (which I think was their competition debut) as the only junior pair, and are on the entry list for the KNSB-Cup A3, which is supposed to take place from the 14th to 15th of January.

They're definitely still a very fresh pair, and particularly the twist and lifts seem to still be early on in their development, but the double throws and double side-by-side jumps seem to be pretty solid for the most part. Sadly, that's all I can say at this moment as there's no video of them, but I'm hopeful we'll get a stream for Bavarian Open.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm not sure about the minimum TES for the ID couples but both have the opportunity to work on them!
Jakucs/Galli have the FD minimum but are missing the RD, they were close at Mezzaluna Cup with a 32.09 (min. is 33).

Verhaegh/Van Geffen are missing both the RD and FD minimums by a fraction of a point; their best is a 32.61 in the RD (min. is 33) and 48.26 in the FD (min. is 49)

Fingers crossed at least one team can get their minimums so Dutch ice dance can be represented at Worlds!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This week two of our junior women will compete at Skate Helena: Julia van Dijk amd Emilia Soloukhin. I wish them a lot of success!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
To add to what was already said, they also took part in the KNSB-Cup A2 in November (which I think was their competition debut) as the only junior pair, and are on the entry list for the KNSB-Cup A3, which is supposed to take place from the 14th to 15th of January.

They're definitely still a very fresh pair, and particularly the twist and lifts seem to still be early on in their development, but the double throws and double side-by-side jumps seem to be pretty solid for the most part. Sadly, that's all I can say at this moment as there's no video of them, but I'm hopeful we'll get a stream for Bavarian Open.
It did happen on the 14-15th of January. Papa/Kornienko were the only junior pair there, and scored 87.84 points. The two senior pairs are both trained by Aljona, so it was less of a surprise to see them here. Osipova/Epstein scored 161.85 which is pretty good for them and my favourite twins, the Swedish Crafoords scored 127.59.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Poor Julia! This is the second time I've seen her bomb a FS and she ended just off the podium in 4th place at Skate Helena. While she stood in first after SP. Still a good result but a lack of concentration or loss of control did her in again. Or maybe just the responsibility of skating last? She still deserves a cheer or two. :hap10::hap10:

Emilia Soloukhin, her 14-year-old team mate ended in 6th place, same as after the SP. So she deserves a cheer as well, :hap10::hap10:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
'Not bad at all for Nika and Dmitry at the European Championships. They are currently in 7th place (after the SP). Well done!:cheer:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Here's one happy Dutch woman. A woman in tenth place after the SP and a pair in 8th after the FS at Europeans. Sure, no medals, but after years with nobody anywhere except in Speed skating, it's such a joy. Two pairs next year! Hurrah (already two pairs at Worlds which is also quite a feat)! And Lindsay becoming 14th is really welcome. What a success after her disaster at Euros last year. Oh this makes me so emotional, in a positive way!

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just a small report. I was out, so I still have to rewatch everybody. Pairs in 8th, women in 14th and ID in 19th. Not bad at all. I found out that at the EYOF the single Dutch entree was 21st.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Bavarian open this weekend. A Dutch pair (Danilova/Tsiba) and a Dutch ID couple (Verhaegh/Van Geffen). I hope they will do well. Both are rather close in scores to the ones who were at Euros. It's going to be a battle royal at Challenge Cup (end of february).

There are also still four Jr women scheduled to compete: Imke Jagersma, Tessel Clercx, Lois Libregts and Jolanda Vos, as well as a jr pair, Gulia Anna Rosanna Papa/Gregory Kornienko. The advanced novice girl, Naomi Wessels, is also still scheduled to compete.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps a small detail: there is one extra junior women at BO, and that's Isabella Smit. The rest is as mentioned earlier.

Our senior ID-team Chelsea Verhaegh and Sherim van Geffen are also scheduled to compete at the Ephesus cup in Turkey. Back to back, so to speak. Let's see if they can do this.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
The Advanced novice discipline FS took place today at the Bavarian open, and Naomi Wessels ended in 6th place. Well done Naomi! :cheer::clap:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
At the Bavarian Open the jr women skated the SP today. All the Dutch women were in group two (19 women in total). Results:

In 3rd: Isabella Smit
In 4th: Jolanda Vos
In 7th: Tessel Clercx
In 13th: Ymke Jagersma
In 16th: Lois Libregts

The FS is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Good luck girls! :hap10::hap10::hap10:

This evening the SP's of both the jr and sr pairs are scheduled. I will be back!