Evan Lysacek Cheering Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek Cheering Thread

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
This is a cheering thread, where you cheer for your favorites no matter what. Even if I thought Evan had no chance, I would say, "go Evan, get gold!" Clearly you don't understand that.

But then, you're "slutskayafan," so you must know something about cheering for people who have no ability.

And yes, I didn't expect someone who Evan hates to come into this thread. That doesn't harm my character, but your's. I really will ignore you now, as it's quite clear you're just an Evan troll. If you hate him, that's fine, I don't care. But don't go raining on our parade just because we like him.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Slutskaya has no ability? ROTFL! Evan could only dream of being half the great champion the great Irina Slutskaya is. Her powerful jumps, sensational spins, and elegant style, will be remembered for years to come. If he has 40% the career she has he will be very lucky.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Go Evan! Remember your Oly LP!

Also, this board has a wonderful ignore feature. It provides instant peace!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
EvanLysacekFan said:
But then, you're "slutskayafan," so you must know something about cheering for people who have no ability.

This is just wrong... :disapp:

And just to clarify, on this board, just because someone starts a cheering thread that doesn't mean other posters cannot state a different opinion... please see "the brilliance of michelle kwan" as an example...

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I'm really surprised at what has occurred on this thread. It is a "cheering thread" for Evan, so labelled. I opened it to say simply that Evan has a history of "rising to the occasion", so even with the illness he is battling, I shall not be in the least surprised if he overcomes it to give a fine account of himself. He has done this in the past, because he has what I call "the champion's heart". This is not to say that I expect him to win, only to say that I expect him to skate well. He has some fierce competition to face, and is ill into the bargain, but Evan has proven in the past that he is a fighter.

Please, slutskayafan21, I am a long-time fan of Irina, since her teens, and you know she is also a gallant fighter, totally with the champion's heart; I do not think she would want you to attack Evan like this, really.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
SusanBeth said:
Also, this board has a wonderful ignore feature. It provides instant peace!

Really, how do you use this?

I'm not going to tempt the skate gods by giving an opinion, but go Evan!

Theatregirl1122 said:
Really, how do you use this?
Go to "User CP" at the top, left of the page. Then click on "Buddy/Ignore List" at the very bottom of the left-hand menu. Enter the usernames of all the people whose posts you don't want to see.

Unfortunately, this never works out, because people will respond to a post by the banished poster. All you will see, totally out of the blue, is something like, "Oh yeah? Well, you don't know squat about figure skating, you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny!!!!!!!!!!" -- then you will have to "unignore" that person to find out what the fuss is all about. :)

That said, I do think it is discourteous deliberately to taunt fans of a particular skater, just for the sake of being mean. (But then again, that's why God invented the Internet.)

MM :)

We can cheer Evan w/o necessarily thinking he's going to overtake Lambiel's big lead. (But if he does, we'll sure see some magnificent skating!) May you skate your personal best, Evan!

I really don't comprehend Evan-bashers pushing into an Evan-cheering thread. It's rude, at the very least. Nobody is going to skate better or be more popular because they have nasty fans. Please stop!

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Go to "User CP" at the top, left of the page. Then click on "Buddy/Ignore List" at the very bottom of the left-hand menu. Enter the usernames of all the people whose posts you don't want to see.

Unfortunately, this never works out, because people will respond to a post by the banished poster. All you will see, totally out of the blue, is something like, "Oh yeah? Well, you don't know squat about figure skating, you're ugly and your mama dresses you funny!!!!!!!!!!" -- then you will have to "unignore" that person to find out what the fuss is all about. :)

That said, I do think it is discourteous deliberately to taunt fans of a particular skater, just for the sake of being mean. (But then again, that's why God invented the Internet.)

MM :)

Actually, you see a notice that Xyz has posted and there's an option to read just that post. You don't have to unignore them to read the post. Sometimes you do see posts that have been quoted by others, I don't have trouble just skipping them. I don't put anyone on ignore unless I am absolutely convinced that I don't want to read any more from them.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
It's really not something I would like to do, but there are really some people who are making my expirience as a member far less enjoyable with every comment they make. I would rather just not have to read it.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Really nice to see some more actual fans here. :agree:

I'm sure he's thrilled to have our support. I actually even sent him an email through his site a few weeks ago during the Olympics, and to my surprise, he replied when he returned to the states. That's a rare treat from a famous athlete.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
EvanLysacekFan said:
Really nice to see some more actual fans here. :agree:

I'm sure he's thrilled to have our support. I actually even sent him an email through his site a few weeks ago during the Olympics, and to my surprise, he replied when he returned to the states. That's a rare treat from a famous athlete.

Count me in as a fan of Evan's and I hope he medals.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Evan is in 7th. I have to question the judging here a little.... but I'll need to see more of it before I make up my mind.

Evan will need another brilliant performance for a medal. I know he can do it, and I hope he does.

C'mon Evan!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
LOL! You would think by the way people are talking he did a squeeky clean performance. He stumbled out of his triple lutz and his second jump was discounted altogether(it was only a single hop anyway). A triple toe is worth 4 points, a stumble out of a jump would be another 1 or 2 points. A 75 or 76 would be a personal best for him anyway, which is what he would have had without the mistake. There was nothing unfair about the scoring.