Other cast members are

Pamela Anderson
Chad Ochocinco - NFL
Erin Andrews - ESPN
Shannen Doherty - Beverly HIlls 90210
Buzz Aldrin - astronaut
Niecy Nash
Nicole Scherzinger - lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls
Aidan Turner - aka character Aidan Devane of All My Children (BTW, he was let go when AMC production moved from NYC to LA)
Kate Gosselin - can we get rid of her 1st????'

and 1 more celebrity to be announced.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Has there ever been an Olympic gold medalist on Dancing with the Stars who didn't win?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
So happy that we will still get to see him! I wish him the best of luck!

heyang

Record Breaker
So, does this mean that Evan won't compete at World's? DWTS starts airing in 3 weeks - March 22nd. Worlds are March 20-29. Also, the stars start learning to dance 2 to 3 weeks before competition begins.

heyang

Record Breaker
BTW, the mystery 11th 'star' is none other than Jake Pavelka, the bachelor of the season that just ended.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
So, does this mean that Evan won't compete at World's? DWTS starts airing in 3 weeks - March 22nd. Worlds are March 20-29. Also, the stars start learning to dance 2 to 3 weeks before competition begins.

Yeah, Evan already told Ryan Bradley to get ready because he's withdrawing.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
BTW, the mystery 11th 'star' is none other than Jake Pavelka, the bachelor of the season that just ended.

Does anyone else notice that everybody on DWTS has no more than 2 degrees of separation?

Kristi won, she now Evan's bestie and no doubt got him on the show. Evan is "dating" Nastia Lupin, teammate and training partner to Shawn Johnson, another olmpic gold medalist. Jake was on the Bachelor, like everybody' darling Melissa R. last spring. We had both Osmonds on, Turner is on All by Children as was Susan Lucci, half the pro dancers on that show seemed to have originated from the same dance school, we always have a NHL star...never MLB or NBA (okay maybe they are too tall) but hoe about Hockey?

There are plenty more connections, but I don't have all night to think of them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah, Evan already told Ryan Bradley to get ready because he's withdrawing.

well, as much as I hate to think of him as one of the many who takes the gold and runs, at least I can be happy with the fact that we'll get to see Ryan skate one last time. I hope it knocks it outta the park... Ryan Bradley for World Champion (he nails everything and it could happen. I'd LOVE to see the look on some of the other men's faces)

Last edited:

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Bruce Jenner

Well, he won his gold a long time ago, and his plastic surgery is off-putting. On the other hand, Evan has other off-putting things about him, as well, at least in my opinion. It'd be interesting to see if the masses latch on to him.

I do think Evan will come back to competitive figure skating. And I think his experience on DWTS may improve his movement on the ice.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
well, as much as I hate to think of him as one of the many who takes the gold and runs, at least I can be happy with the fact that we'll get to see Ryan skate one last time. I hope it knocks it outta the park... Ryan Bradley for World Champion (he nails everything and it could happen. I'd LOVE to see the look on some of the other men's faces)

Well if (and I admit it's a big if) the stars lign up, he could beat Plushy at his Quad game! Now wouldn't that send the point home to Plushenko that it's not just about the Quads?

Well if (and I admit it's a big if) the stars lign up, he could beat Plushy at his Quad game! Now wouldn't that send the point home to Plushenko that it's not just about the Quads?

OT how on earth did I get to 203+ posts? I remember just a few days ago I was "on the ice"! Hi, my name is yunasashafan, and I am a forum-addict :scowl::frown2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Yes, to some people it is difficult to understand that if one has given his all in the biggest competition of the season, one needs some other things to relax. Besides, I think that it was known already before the Olympics that Evan will not partcipate in World Championships. On the other hand I have understood that he will be back to competing in fall. :biggrin:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When does he rehearse for SOI, though? The tour starts on April 1, I think.

When does he rehearse for SOI, though? The tour starts on April 1, I think.
I think that is explained in the icenetwork blurb.

btw, Evan is not the first OLY GOLD to skip the Worlds. Why makes such an issue of it now? Good luck to him. Any skating he does to Tango music after DWTS should be rhythmically better. Kristy has become a delight after DWTS.