Evan Lysacek's new endeavor | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek's new endeavor

seniorita

Record Breaker
isnt it better to add links when we transfer quotes from the past from coaches /athletes ? Cause I dont think for Tarasova it sounds fair, it sounds like she fixed Kuliks and Yags gold medal.

In Deeland...she thinks Seniorita drinks too much!!!

Hey, I drink only in Olympics and only when Plush loses the Gold. So that would make.. like 2 times in the last 8 years:laugh: Is this too much drinking:unsure:?

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
isnt it better to add links when we transfer quotes from the past from coaches /athletes ? Cause I dont think for Tarasova it sounds fair, it sounds like she fixed Kuliks and Yags gold medal.

There are terms like "common knowledge" and "public domain."
Franks Carroll's comments are both the former and the latter.

There are also moderators at GS who never hesitate to clip me if they think I am "spreading rumors."

Frank broke figure skating's code of silence in 1980 and has never taken back his words and in fact repeated them again at SA, saying "right there is where I saw it happen."

I don't need links for this seniorita - it is both common knowledge and part of skating lore.

Tat's comments about Nagano have been mentioned here before by mathman and Joesitz.
If you have a problem I suggest you take it up with them.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Every top level male skater would have to retire to give Jeremy a chance when he's in tank mode. And when he feels like tanking, even that may not be enough.

I have to say it's true.:scowl:

And let's not forget Jenny's other favorite - baby boy Joubert.
Can we blame Plushy because Joubert folded like a cheap chair in Vancouver? :think:

When did I blame Lysacek for Abbott's mistakes?! You took my writing in a wrong way, grandpa!:disapp: But you've never failed when it comes to say nasty things.:rolleye:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I have to say it's true.:scowl:

When did I blame Lysacek for Abbott's mistakes?! You took my writing in a wrong way, grandpa!:disapp: But you've never failed when it comes to say nasty things.:rolleye:

You wrote a post today where you did say you wish Evan would retire so Jeremy would have a better chance. Of course it was already pointed out that is a totally false premise - but I am more concerned with your lack of memory. :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Since I m quoting myself, at what point I addressed to you personally jntfan? We includes me as well.

But you always try to stir up an american vs european war in figure skating even in the funny jokes, this is common knowledge as well. Europe that always cooks the results and NA which earns always clean and right. You can make petition to do the Olympics by continent next time and let the rest enjoy fs without geographical boundaries. It gets tiring.

Which really says something about Carroll as a man. He wants his skaters to win because they deserve it, the old fashioned way the way he was taught. Michelle (under Frank) did her best at the Olympics and did not win. Evan did and did win. but both skaters will have the satisfaction of knowing they earned their medal 100%
Exactly!!! There was no hanky panky going on with Carroll. Most important, he wants his skaters to do their best regardless if they lose the gold. Also I do not think Tat would fix a competition. I think she was just joking when she said Frank should have given the Russian judge a bottle of vodka.

jennylovskt

Medalist
You wrote a post today where you did say you wish Evan would retire so Jeremy would have a better chance. Of course it was already pointed out that is a totally false premise - but I am more concerned with your lack of memory. :laugh:

I know perfectly what I have written! Thank you very much! I still wish Evan would retire, so there will be one less stick in front of jeremy Abbott. I am just wondering ... who is worse at English reading comprehension?:unsure:

Which really says something about Carroll as a man.

Check out this: Carroll has been discussed in November of last year started from post 1484.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...l-honour-us-with-his-presence-in-2010!/page99

and this:

http://www.requiredelements.com/2009/11/13/carroll-judges-are-political/

And I am surprised that you have taken Janetfan's no-reference speculations seriously.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I know perfectly what I have written! Thank you very much! I still wish Evan would retire, so there will be one less stick in front of jeremy Abbott. I am just wondering ... who is worse at English reading comprehension?:unsure:

Perhaps you are right - and it is not about memory or reading comprehension.
As the previous poster already pointed out to you it is about sport and being able to compete under pressure.

Most of us understand that five Evan's can't beat Jeremy if he holds it together and skates his best.

The problem as it was pointed out to you very clearly was that Jeremy is beating himself and it has nothing to do with Evan or most other skaters being in a competition. If Jeremy skates his best he will place higher than most.

This is never, ever going to be about Evan retiring . It is about Jeremy performing his best when it counts the most.

And Evan said he is not retiring because his fans will miss him too much :biggrin:
I hope that will cheer you up ;)

Last edited:

Figure88

On the Ice
I don't think Evan is retiring. He said he will probably compete for at least one season or more per his interview. It might bring the popularity of figure skating back to the US to have an Olympic champion continue to compete, so good for him.

I actually never watched DWTS, but I think I will since Evan's in it. He might be doing the show to hone his dancing skills, which he could bring to figure skating.

Flailing Arms could be used for Flamenco, and Jitterbug, but Never for waltzing, carribean, or Tango.

The coaches for this dance will enure there will be no flailing arms for all dances.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He might be doing the show to hone his dancing skills, which he could bring to figure skating.
I really think the dancing will help with his skating, I hope he does well.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think some may have forgotten that Frank wasn't Kwans coach the last couple of years or so and I cannot see what he has to do with the medals. He coaches and is not t he reason anyone fails. I think he is the or one of the best coaches there is. I always thought Kwan was wrong to quit him. I suppose many will get mad over this post too.