Evan Lysacek's new endeavor | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek's new endeavor

fairly4

Medalist
just wondering- when evan signed on with dancing with the stars- the way some papers talk he signed with dwts BEFORE the Vancouver olympics-so in that respect he knew if he won a medal -he more likely wouldn't be going to worlds and more than likely would have been on dwts especially with a gold medal.
sounds like evan wasn't going to worlds before the olympics and should have given the us a heads up when the assignments was handed out at nationals.
good luck evan on dwts.

janetfan

Match Penalty
just wondering- when evan signed on with dancing with the stars- the way some papers talk he signed with dwts BEFORE the Vancouver olympics-so in that respect he knew if he won a medal -he more likely wouldn't be going to worlds and more than likely would have been on dwts especially with a gold medal.
sounds like evan wasn't going to worlds before the olympics and should have given the us a heads up when the assignments was handed out at nationals.
good luck evan on dwts.

Evan said he needs a break. If you ever train as hard as just did then you will need a break too.
The DWTS is just being talked about at this point and according to what I read it was Dancer Cherl Burke who is the one pushing for Evan to do the show.

Besides, Evan has just won all of the big titles and maybe he wants to let the other guys have a chance. ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this is the best thing I've heard about Evan. If he continues to skate, I think the dance training will help him immensely.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Evan said he needs a break. If you ever train as hard as just did then you will need a break too.
The DWTS is just being talked about at this point and according to what I read it was Dancer Cherl Burke who is the one pushing for Evan to do the show.

Besides, Evan has just won all of the big titles and maybe he wants to let the other guys have a chance. ;)

Or maybe Evan wants to add another trophy to his case. Knowing his extraordinary work ethic I have no doubt that he'll pour his heart into it and win it.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Evan will probably do great at that. I always think it's a little unfair to have figure skaters since most singles skaters have passed their gold ice dance tests so understand the partner holds and timing. Not to mention being used to performing.

I'm more interested in seeing Chad Ochocinco. That will be hilarious (what kind of a baffoon legally changes their name to their number? And not even, it's 8-5 because that fit on his jersey).

PS: the partners are listed now. Evan is with Anna Trebunskaya. Chad has Cheryl.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am a little disappointed that Evan did not get Edyta. Who parteners the couples anyway? Anna does not have the best track record on the show, but to be fair most if that is bad luck. I'm so excited!!

CassAgain

On the Ice
I'm thrilled he got Anna! She seems to have a similar work ethic as he does, and her fiery personality will be a great contrast to his more reserved style. He just can't escape those Russians!

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
OT how on earth did I get to 203+ posts? I remember just a few days ago I was "on the ice"! Hi, my name is yunasashafan, and I am a forum-addict :scowl::frown2:

It's okay. It happens. Hahaha. Happened to me and I've got 150+ more posts than you!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I have not read this whole thread but I knew this would happen. I was thrown off by Evan saying at the closing ceremonies he was off to do SOI. But I wish I had posted my prediction so you'd all know I was somewhat psychic. I expect him to win and I can ONLY IMAGINE that plushy is saying, "see. I told you he was an ice dancer!" I certainly think he should go to Worlds but he's afraid he'll be beaten by plush. Now we can expect plush to win unless he misses his quad. I would much rather see Johnny weir on the dancing show.

I predict evan wins every session. There is no way he'll lose unless they decide they don't like his serious take no prisoners attitude. I am looking forward to Plush at Worlds and hope he tweaks his program so it looks like he has come down to Earth and realizes its CoP time. I think his time warp will be corrected. Lets hope Mishin redoes the last 2 minutes of that program! Good luck Evan...u won't need it, tho

Evan will win the coveted Mirror Ball, and in doing so he will be offered the lead in a revampt Legs Diamond Musical on Broadway if he learns how to sing in 3 weeks. After that he will be playing the heavies in a string of Hollywood gangster films which in one, he will meet his future wife. However, after a few years a scandal will be revealed. It will cost him his popularity and he will turn to drink. While walking the streets of the slums of LA, an old friend will spot him and bring him to rehab, where after a few weeks he begins training for the 2017 Winter Olympics as another kind of Rocky Balboa. Fade out to Judy Garland singing the Man Who Got Away.

heyang

Record Breaker
Does anyone else notice that everybody on DWTS has no more than 2 degrees of separation?

Kristi won, she now Evan's bestie and no doubt got him on the show. Evan is "dating" Nastia Lupin, teammate and training partner to Shawn Johnson, another olmpic gold medalist. Jake was on the Bachelor, like everybody' darling Melissa R. last spring. We had both Osmonds on, Turner is on All by Children as was Susan Lucci, half the pro dancers on that show seemed to have originated from the same dance school, we always have a NHL star...never MLB or NBA (okay maybe they are too tall) but hoe about Hockey?

There are plenty more connections, but I don't have all night to think of them.

Some of the connections is because the format looks for particular categories of celebrity. There's always someone from ESPN, always a 'guy' sports athlete, someone from daytime TV, someone older, etc. ESPN is owned by ABC. The daytime personalities have been from ABC/Soapnet shows. etc. Sabrina Bryant was starring in Cheetah Girls, aired on Disney channel, Disney owns ABC.

There has been an NBA player - Clyde the Glide was paired with a particularly short pro. I think it was unfair to him because the height difference made it more difficult for him and after a lot of criticism, I think he just wanted off the show.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
LMAO Joesitz! I don't see all that in my mirrorball, but I do see him doing an Evgeny and wanting to prove he's the best at a 2012 or 13 worlds and return to Sochi after becoming bored with endless SOI group numbers. He will compete again as he will need to. Its in the blood. If he stays injury free.

jennylovskt

Medalist
^^Somehow, I don't think Lysacek loves figure skating that much like Plushenko, Yagudin, Weir, or Abbott. He just wants to win, doesn't necessarily have to win in figure skating.

seniorita

Record Breaker
LMAO Joesitz! I don't see all that in my mirrorball, but I do see him doing an Evgeny and wanting to prove he's the best at a 2012 or 13 worlds and return to Sochi after becoming bored with endless SOI group numbers. He will compete again as he will need to. Its in the blood. If he stays injury free.

Honestly if Plush and Lysacek compete again together in Sochi (which i doubt for both anyway) I will not make through the competition:laugh:, and imagine i will be 4 years older. No I wont survive this for sure:boohoo:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
i don't think you can decide for Evan what he likes/loves or doesn't. he wouldn't work so hard in teh sport if he didn't enjoy it - he'd have found a different outlet to be competitive.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Somehow, I don't think Lysacek loves figure skating that much like Plushenko, Yagudin, Weir, or Abbott. He just wants to win, doesn't necessarily have to win in figure skating.

If Plushenko loves skating so much, why does he keep trying to murder it with his awful programs? Maybe it's like what they say, we only hurt the ones we love...