Free Dance Cup of China | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Cup of China

herios

Medalist
The Kerr's not making it onto the worlds podium was due more to deficiencies in their technique than them being a brother sister team. They had great programs and great ideas, but their skating skills were never near those of the top teams. The Shibs are much stronger technically than the Kerr's ever were although they're not as strong performance wise yet.
I'd like to see what a different choreographer could do with the Shibs before they consider trying to find new partners.

I totally agree with you on this one. And for me is really getting tiresome to see the excuses and motivation of Shibutani's limitations as a siblings team. Non-sense.
We have had many siblings teams medaled, even back in the 70's, the Buck's from Germany.
Dance as an art would be a lot poorer if we would be limited to hot steamy and romantic dances only.

The Shibutani's have been exposed unfortunately this year with two not as great routines as last year.
Their samba SD uffers because of their lack of true latin groove. Not enough hip action going on there and they also have some techical deficiencies, less speed than other teams. This SD puts them behind several teams they have beaten last year.
As far as their FD, that is OK, but it will box them into a narrow range. Once again, they could have chosen other genras, but i have a feeling,other non-steamy stuff, like a jive, folk, hip-hop, modern, would be a little far from their comfort zone, that iswhy S/Z have chosen that safe vehicle.