Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread | Golden Skate

Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
So, is anyone watching this cold and rainy disaster? :laugh:

My baby Thiem just advanced to SF for the first time ever! I'm so happy :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I play tennis pretty frequently but struggle to keep up with the pro circuit. I always go to my hometown and watch Wimbledon with my aunt. It's tradition. I prefer women's though so outside of Roger I'm not too big on many of the guys.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
When it comes to tennis, I'm more into watching (or listening to) girls chasing ball on a court. :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
So, is anyone watching this cold and rainy disaster? :laugh:

Meee! :dance2:

I saw so many people wearing coats, hooded jackets, gloves, scarves and mufflers on TV... We're in June, but temperature in Paris was so low. And La Seine's flooding. Just awful.... :no::no: Extending my get-well-wishes to those affected by this, and hoping everything will get back to normal in Paris soon.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Meee! :dance2:

I saw so many people wearing coats, hooded jackets, gloves, scarves and mufflers on TV... We're in June, but temperature in Paris was so low. And La Seine's flooding. Just awful.... :no::no: Extending my get-well-wishes to those affected by this, and hoping everything will get back to normal in Paris soon.

Yes! I knew there would be at least one person who watch this :biggrin: So, who are you rooting for in the finales? I'm going with Murray and Muguruza, but I'm pretty sure they both will lose :laugh:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I play tennis pretty frequently but struggle to keep up with the pro circuit. I always go to my hometown and watch Wimbledon with my aunt. It's tradition. I prefer women's though so outside of Roger I'm not too big on many of the guys.

Wow, we should play sometime! I try to learn to play too, and there is even some progress. :eek::

My backhand, though... it needs more work. Tons of work! Tons of constant and hard work, that is. And I probably should switch to two-handed backhand too. Maybe.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
With that amount of rain I feel it was more like a (a)synchro swimming, but not tennis tournament. :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yes! I knew there would be at least one person who watch this :biggrin: So, who are you rooting for in the finales? I'm going with Murray and Muguruza, but I'm pretty sure they both will lose :laugh:

Senorita Muguruza has just proven you wrong! :rock::biggrin: Many congrats to Garbiñe and to Snow!! :2thumbs:

I was cheering for Rafa... :sad4:, and for Kei but didn't make to QF beaten by Richard, the home-town favorite again this year...
I think Andy has a pretty good chance to win against Novak, though Nole wants that title sooo badly. ;) In either way, it's going to be the very first win at RG. Very exciting! Good luck to Andy and Novak! :yay:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Senorita Muguruza has just proven you wrong! :rock::biggrin: Many congrats to Garbiñe and to Snow!! :2thumbs:

I was cheering for Rafa... :sad4:, and for Kei but didn't make to QF beaten by Richard, the home-town favorite again this year...
I think Andy has a pretty good chance to win against Novak, though Nole wants that title sooo badly. ;) In either way, it's going to be the very first win at RG. Very exciting! Good luck to Andy and Novak! :yay:

:yahoo: I knew Garbine has a decent shot to win, her game was close to perfect here, just didn't want to jinx it :)

As for Murray, he beat Novak not so long ago on clay, and in another final too. But Djokovic's motivation to win this RG is cosmic. Will be interesting match, that's for sure.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Novak's career slam, which was long overdue! Congrats! :yahoo::yahoo:

:disapp: Murray didn't play even with 50% of his abilities. He was so damn tired that I thought he would collapse on the court! Very dissapointing final for me, to be honest. That's what almost 20 hours of play during one single tournament do to an athlete. Poor Andy. Wimbledon revenge, here we go! :devil:

P.S. Should I create another thread for Wimbledon 2016 to discuss the 'strawberry and cream' tournament, or just rename this one?

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
:disapp: Murray didn't play even with 50% of his abilities. He was so damn tired that I thought he would collapse on the court! Very dissapointing final for me, to be honest. That's what almost 20 hours of play during one single tournament do to an athlete. Poor Andy. Wimbledon revenge, here we go! :devil:

P.S. Should I create another thread for Wimbledon 2016 to discuss the 'strawberry and cream' tournament, or just rename this one?

Wimbledon will be Federers' :devil:

Congrats to Garbine & Novak! I think both of them deserved the win :hap10:

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Thanks, but no :p I tend to lose sport bets and I really wish him that one more win! A girl can dream, right? ;)

Well, than I will root for him for you! But only if he's not going to play against Andy or Thiem :biggrin: Everyone else is a fair game :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I'd start another thread. :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Well, than I will root for him for you! But only if he's not going to play against Andy or Thiem :biggrin: Everyone else is a fair game :)

What are the chances? :laugh: But thanks! I actually think Dominic might be a future star :)