Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The GAP(!!!) between Nole and Andy :shocked:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Snow, your baby's beaten the King Roger again at Mercedes Cup. :hap85:

I know, right! :hap10:

It was a nerve-wracking match, though. When he was 5-0 in the second set, I was like 'no way! it's too damn easy'. And guess what? Roger won 5 games in a row!! On the grass!! Too many mistakes from both, but in the right moment Thiem just focused and won it. So happy for the guy. He deserves it.

And, funny thing is that he won more matches on the grass during this tournament than during his whole pro career! Before Stuttgart he won only 2 matches on the grass :laugh: Ever.

Edit: Maybe we should create ATP and WTA tours thread? I just don't know if it will stay afloat, because not a lot of people seem interested in tennis here :)

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Or, this Roland Garros thread could be re-named to 'ATP and WTA tours'? I don't know how to do it, sorry... :hopelessness: Moderators can help us, maybe?

Snow63

Record Breaker
Or, this Roland Garros thread could be re-named to 'ATP and WTA tours'? I don't know how to do it, sorry... :hopelessness: Moderators can help us, maybe?

Guess who's won Stuttgart? Mister Dominator Thiem!:rock:

The thread is renamed! Yay. Thanks to the mods :)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Guess who's won Stuttgart? Mister Dominator Thiem!:rock:

It is super impressive! But I wonder how much longer he will able to play all the time without the rest? I'm worried he may be overexhausting himself... Hope after Halle he will have rest before Wimbledon.

Snow63

Record Breaker
It is super impressive! But I wonder how much longer he will able to play all the time without the rest? I'm worried he may be overexhausting himself... Hope after Halle he will have rest before Wimbledon.

I hope he will withdraw from Halle. He needs rest. Or play a match or two and that's it.

deedee1

Record Breaker
The way Snow's baby plays lately, and Belgium's Goffin, too is beyond 'impressive'. Break-through season for them indeed. :yes: A bit early to say but Thiem and Goffin should be the lock on the Tour Final in London, me think! :yes2:

And many thanks to the mods for the thread title. :)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm not watching, only following at this point. ;)
Because he seems to have a couple of fans in this thread - Thiem is in the 2nd round! Clear win in 3 sets.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No one watching Wimbledon? ;) Mr Marcus Willis ROCKED the Centre Court today! :rock::rock:

Thanks to his succes I learned that there are Qualifications to Qualifications. I always thought the players in Qualificationas are just like main tournament determined by ranking, so without good ranking, you just don't play. But suprise! Even someone with 700 in ranking can play! I haven't seen his matches but he sure can count Wimbledon as his lucky tournament :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Dominator beat Mayer in 3 straight sets. He lost to him just a couple of days ago, must be nice to have some revenge :biggrin:

I don't have a time to watch now, but will probably start to watch next week!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka and Novak Djokovic are all out of Wimbledon :jaw: If Andy Murray or Roger Federer won't take advantage of this situation....

deedee1

Record Breaker
Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka and Novak Djokovic are all out of Wimbledon :jaw: If Andy Murray or Roger Federer won't take advantage of this situation....

:eekn::eekn: Then, I want to see Roger to win Wimbledon one more time! :luv17: Or Kei Nishikori, though it's a long shot! :)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Omg, I haven't followed it live, but the score is insane! :jaw: Hoping Tsonga is okay playing again tomorrow.

No.2 Court - Gentlemen's Singles - 3R

J. Isner (USA) [18] 7 6 6(5) 2 17

J-W. Tsonga (FRA) [12] 6(3) 3 7 6 19

MATCH DURATION: 4:24

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Go Rao ;) I think he has a good shot to reach the semis now that Djoko is out... and who knows where that can lead him ?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Omg, I haven't followed it live, but the score is insane! :jaw: Hoping Tsonga is okay playing again tomorrow.

He should be okay, only last 2 sets were played yesterday. Even though the final one was quite long, at least they didn't play 4 hours one day. (I wasn't watching either, I check news on Wimbledon site regualry)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Crazy crazy Wimbledon. Can't really believe Nole is out, he was so stable up to this point. But Querray played pretty good, he deserved to win, IMO. My bets are on Roger now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Was djokovic ill? Uncharacteristic performance. But seriously, great to see Querrey hold it together and play well until the end. I remember Djokovic dismantling Anderson after the rain break last year.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Was djokovic ill? Uncharacteristic performance. But seriously, great to see Querrey hold it together and play well until the end. I remember Djokovic dismantling Anderson after the rain break last year.

Well, it looked to me like he wasn't ready for such good game from Querrey. Stable good game. He was in similar situation at Roland Garros alredy this season, when he lost the first set to Bautista Agut and then was saved by the rain delay.

Last edited: