Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Game, Set, Match: The ATP/WTA thread

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh yes, and Querrey followed up a big win with another one- his first slam QF appearance! :clap:
And Federer has not dropped a set yet. :yay: Fingers and toes crossed for the next match; Cilic is tough.
Berdych headcasing that last set before the rain delay...:bang: seriously, how could you blow 3 MPs? hope he can hold it together in the decider.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh yes, and Querrey followed up a big win with another one- his first slam QF appearance! :clap:
And Federer has not dropped a set yet. :yay: Fingers and toes crossed for the next match; Cilic is tough.
Berdych headcasing that last set before the rain delay...:bang: seriously, how could you blow 3 MPs? hope he can hold it together in the decider.

I'm so worried about Berdych! He was my favourite player back then when he played in Wimbledon finale, but something happened and his game is not as impressive anymore. Very blunt and predictable, still good, but not extraordinarily good. I hope he'll win.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sad about Nishikori too. I watched yesterday match between Radwanska and Cibulkova. It was a-ma-zing! The best match of ladies I've seen for some time. I'm cheering for Cibulkova to win Wimbledon now, though she has planned her wedding on Saturday :laugh2:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm so worried about Berdych! He was my favourite player back then when he played in Wimbledon finale, but something happened and his game is not as impressive anymore. Very blunt and predictable, still good, but not extraordinarily good. I hope he'll win.

Berdych is consistently good, always up there in rankings, but he never had that champion's mentality, like the federer/nadal/djokovic or even murray/wawrinka.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Berdych is consistently good, always up there in rankings, but he never had that champion's mentality, like the federer/nadal/djokovic or even murray/wawrinka.

IMO, he was more daring and his game was much riskier when he was younger, especially in his peak 2010 season. I don't want to use word 'boring' but it's the first word that comes to my mind when I'm thinking about his current game. It's like he can't step over something that holds him back. But I still root for him and hope he will improve :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And Cibulkova after briiliant match yesterday is out in 2 sets with Vesnina. I have no one to cheer on left in Ladies :sad21:

s_parks

Record Breaker
And Cibulkova after briiliant match yesterday is out in 2 sets with Vesnina. I have no one to cheer on left in Ladies :sad21:

Same... I just don't care anymore, lol. Federer better make this one his 18th or this wimbledon is going to suck.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I'm rooting for the biggest underdog Elena Vesnina :) I think her chances against Serena are pretty slim, but she said that it will be the match of her dreams, and I wish her to do great and enjoy it.

s_parks

Record Breaker
This shows how little I've been paying attention to tennis, but dang, where did pouille come from? He's ranked top 30, yes, but before this the furthest he got at a slam was at RG, round 2. Now he's playing the quarters and only a '94er.

s_parks

Record Breaker
That federer/cilic game was epic. took ten years off my life but a lot of great tennis.

Elaine

On the Ice
Roger :bow: I almost stopped watching the game after the second set and thank god I didn't. The game was epic.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Fun match with murray/tsonga. Tsonga really going for it. Murray a bit passive. Serve not great. tsonga with a wealth of UEs from earlier, while murray has relatively few.