Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Considering that the announcement will be made by ISU, this is unlikely. 3PM PST or 6PM EST means midnight CET, the time zone for Switzerland.

Seems more likely to be 3 AM PST and 6 AM EST, which would be noon in Switzerland.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Indeed, that makes more sense. Then it is only a little more than an hour away!

alithia

Final Flight
I think it's gonna be on Friday for Europe. The meeting for June 30 hasn't even started in the U.S., so probably by the time it ends will be late night for the Europeans.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
they updating assignments in the middle of the night? :think:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Considering that the announcement will be made by ISU, this is unlikely. 3PM PST or 6PM EST means midnight CET, the time zone for Switzerland.
Seems more likely to be 3 AM PST and 6 AM EST, which would be noon in Switzerland.
But according to David Molina's tweet some time ago - the meeting is being held in New York, not Switzerland? Surely they don't have to wait for people to be available in the Swiss offices to make announcements?

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I really hope it won't be so late. Everywhere else than America it would be 1st July... And it already later than last year, when assignemnts were announced on June 16th.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
tl;dr I'll still see them when I wake up tomorrow. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Right. I'm off to bed. Last year the Grand Prix announcement thread got to nine pages before I woke up. Let's see what it is this year :laugh2:

LRK

Record Breaker
We're all going to be like children in a car:

"Are we there yet?.... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?"

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, there's a quarter-final match tonight so I'm definitely staying up anyway.

Yes, I'll be watching that too - it will help tide me over if the announcement really is as late as feared.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I have two goals for the release today: not to be disappointed if all the incoming seniors don't get two spots, and to avoid an embarrassing gaffe like I had last year, when I didn't check the pages and posted links that didn't work. :slink:

(Am I the only one who is repeatedly refreshing the ISU Singles/Pairs/Dance page to see if they show up? Lol.)

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
(Am I the only one who is repeatedly refreshing the ISU Singles/Pairs/Dance page to see if they show up? Lol.)
Not checking yet, since the meeting is happening in New York, which means we in Europe won't get to know anything until tomorrow. Then I will be checking like crazy, but probably still not as often as I would like to as I am leaving for a trip tomorrow night and have to make the last preparations.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm sitting here calmly but I'm screaming internally, dance spots are limited so I so wanna see how that turns out