Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2016-17 News/Speculation

jax

Rinkside
This is what I was told. I was asking if it was true. My brain sometimes doesn't type out what I mean to say since all this happened.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wasn't anxious at all until today but the so quite forum except this speculation thread for a couple of days started making me nervous. :laugh:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Has it actually been confirmed that they will announce the GP entries today? I know they're meeting in NYC today, and that this is around the time they make the announcements, but is there anything that says they will definitely announce today?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They usually make the announcements around noon WHEN THE MEETING IS IN EUROPE---but that is about 6 pm EST. Since the meeting is in NYC, the announcements should come around 6pm, which will be around midnight in Europe.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So six and a half hours to go. We need to get a countdown clock for this site, lol.

Hoping some of my faves get Skate Canada, since I'm planning to attend :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
They usually make the announcements around noon WHEN THE MEETING IS IN EUROPE---but that is about 6 pm EST. Since the meeting is in NYC, the announcements should come around 6pm, which will be around midnight in Europe.

Argh MIDNIGHT??? I feel like I can't possibly wait that long...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's see....until then....study for GREs, exercise, shower, and do my hair.....yeah I think I can occupy myself until then easily.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker

So if announcements were made around noon in Europe, then it could be made around noon in New York as well, right?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Has it actually been confirmed that they will announce the GP entries today? I know they're meeting in NYC today, and that this is around the time they make the announcements, but is there anything that says they will definitely announce today?

USFS said that GP assignments would be announced on Jun 30 -- as I have said before in this and other threads.

See the May 5 press release from USFS re Skate America.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
This morning there were "Grand Prix standings" documents on the ISU site under the GP section and now they're no longer there, so at least it looks like they've taken the first step to posting something!

MalAssada

Medalist
Just found this thread and my exam is about to start. Thank heavens it is multiple choice, otherwise in a question about how to behave in traffic jams I might as well write down: Honk away. Must be home for GP announcement.

Layback11

Record Breaker
This morning there were "Grand Prix standings" documents on the ISU site under the GP section and now they're no longer there, so at least it looks like they've taken the first step to posting something!

I saw that, too, but it appears they were taken down. :( I'm so anxious lol

jax

Rinkside
Olympic and World Champions to compete in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2016/17

The World's top figure skaters including reigning Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), 2010 Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir (CAN), World and European Champions and medalists will compete in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series 2016/17. Virtue/Moir return to the series after sitting out two seasons.

The series kicks off with Skate America in Hoffman Estates, IL (USA), October 21 to 23. The event features three-time World Champion Mao Asada (JPN), World silver medalist Ashley Wagner (USA), 2014 European Champion Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS), World silver medalists Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani (USA), Olympic and World bronze medalist Denis Ten (KAZ), World bronze medalist Boyang Jin (CHN) and World silver medalists Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN).

Skate Canada in Mississauga, ON (CAN), October 28 to 30 is headlined by three-time World Champion Patrick Chan (CAN), Olympic Champion Hanyu, 2014 Olympic silver medalists Virtue/Moir, 2014 World Champions Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte (ITA), two time and reigning World Pairs Champions Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN), 2015 European Champions Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS), World Champion Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS), 2015 World Champion Elizaveta Tutkamysheva (RUS) and 2016 Four Continents Champion Satoko Miyahara (JPN).

Rostelecom Cup is the third event and will take place in Moscow November 4 to 6. Two-time World Champion Javier Fernandez (ESP) will start his season in Russia and will be joined by Shoma Uno (JPN). 2016 World bronze medalist Anna Pogorilaya, Lipnitskaia and Elena Radionova (all RUS) highlight the Ladies field. 2016 World bronze medalists Aliona Savchenko/Bruno Massot (GER) will debut at the Grand Prix series as a team in Moscow and will face 2014 Olympic silver medalists Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (RUS). The Dance event includes 2016 World bronze medalists Madison Chock/Evan Bates, 2015 World bronze medalists Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje (CAN) and 2016 European bronze medalists Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev (RUS).

The series continues with the Trophée de France in Paris (FRA) November 11 to 13 with World Ice Dance Champions Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron (FRA), Fernandez, Ten, Asada, Medvedeva, Gracie Gold (USA) and Savchenko/Massot.

The circuit then moves to Asia for the Audi Cup of China, November 18 to 20 in Beijing. The event is headlined by Wagner, Tuktamysheva, Chan, Jin, Sui/Han, 2015 European Champions Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS), Shibutani/Shibutani and Weaver/Poje.

The last spots for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final will be decided in Sapporo at NHK Trophy November 25 to 27. Top contenders include Hanyu, Mikhail Kolyada (RUS), Miyahara, Pogorilaya, Papadakis/Cizeron, Virtue/Moir as well as Duhamel/Radford and Stolbova/Klimov.

136 skaters/couples from 24 ISU Members have been invited and few host country spots are still open. The number of entries for each event is 12 Ladies, 12 Men, 8 Pairs and 10 Ice Dance couples. The top 6 qualifiers in each discipline will proceed to the Final in Marseille (FRA), December 8 to 11, 2016.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Olympic and World Champions to compete in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2016/17

The World's top figure skaters including reigning Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), 2010 Olympic Champions Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir (CAN), World and European Champions and medalists will compete in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series 2016/17. Virtue/Moir return to the series after sitting out two seasons.

The series kicks off with Skate America in Hoffman Estates, IL (USA), October 21 to 23. The event features three-time World Champion Mao Asada (JPN), World silver medalist Ashley Wagner (USA), 2014 European Champion Julia Lipnitskaia (RUS), World silver medalists Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani (USA), Olympic and World bronze medalist Denis Ten (KAZ), World bronze medalist Boyang Jin (CHN) and World silver medalists Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN).

Skate Canada in Mississauga, ON (CAN), October 28 to 30 is headlined by three-time World Champion Patrick Chan (CAN), Olympic Champion Hanyu, 2014 Olympic silver medalists Virtue/Moir, 2014 World Champions Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte (ITA), two time and reigning World Pairs Champions Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (CAN), 2015 European Champions Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS), World Champion Evgenia Medvedeva (RUS), 2015 World Champion Elizaveta Tutkamysheva (RUS) and 2016 Four Continents Champion Satoko Miyahara (JPN).

Rostelecom Cup is the third event and will take place in Moscow November 4 to 6. Two-time World Champion Javier Fernandez (ESP) will start his season in Russia and will be joined by Shoma Uno (JPN). 2016 World bronze medalist Anna Pogorilaya, Lipnitskaia and Elena Radionova (all RUS) highlight the Ladies field. 2016 World bronze medalists Aliona Savchenko/Bruno Massot (GER) will debut at the Grand Prix series as a team in Moscow and will face 2014 Olympic silver medalists Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov (RUS). The Dance event includes 2016 World bronze medalists Madison Chock/Evan Bates, 2015 World bronze medalists Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje (CAN) and 2016 European bronze medalists Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev (RUS).

The series continues with the Trophée de France in Paris (FRA) November 11 to 13 with World Ice Dance Champions Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron (FRA), Fernandez, Ten, Asada, Medvedeva, Gracie Gold (USA) and Savchenko/Massot.

The circuit then moves to Asia for the Audi Cup of China, November 18 to 20 in Beijing. The event is headlined by Wagner, Tuktamysheva, Chan, Jin, Sui/Han, 2015 European Champions Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov (RUS), Shibutani/Shibutani and Weaver/Poje.

The last spots for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final will be decided in Sapporo at NHK Trophy November 25 to 27. Top contenders include Hanyu, Mikhail Kolyada (RUS), Miyahara, Pogorilaya, Papadakis/Cizeron, Virtue/Moir as well as Duhamel/Radford and Stolbova/Klimov.

136 skaters/couples from 24 ISU Members have been invited and few host country spots are still open. The number of entries for each event is 12 Ladies, 12 Men, 8 Pairs and 10 Ice Dance couples. The top 6 qualifiers in each discipline will proceed to the Final in Marseille (FRA), December 8 to 11, 2016.

Trying not to look at this because I don't want spoilers, but where'd you get this? I checked Twitter and the ISU website and I couldn't find anything.