I had a dream... | Golden Skate

I had a dream...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
last night that Mao Asada was skating too Samson and Delialh by Saint-Saëns. I listened to the music when i woke up and decided that it would really be good for her. yes, piano music is great for her, and i hope she keeps the Chopin Nocture SP, it is made for her.... but S&D would make a good long.

here is link for those not fimiliar with the music.

http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Saëns-G...8008700?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1178663523&sr=1-1

John King

Final Flight
Carry On Skating!

"I had a dream about you last night"

"Did you?"

"No. You wouldn't let me"

morninglight

On the Ice
I really liked the part, named "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" from "Samson et Dalila." It's very bright, refreshing, like the sunlight in the dark or the wind that flows. I feel that major, harmonious melodies would be good for Mao, because she is very fresh, happy and has smooth skating and light jumps.

As you would know, Jeff had a nice program of "Samson et Dalila." I liked the music editing of this program. It has very dreamy, fantastic atmosphere. "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" is used around the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Ofgs_DPjQ

I feel that Carolina Kostner may also look nice in this program because she is also very fresh and skates like the wind.

"Bacchanale" from "Samson et Dalila" sounds to me to be very exotic and passionate. It actually reminded me of MK. I feel that that part might be good for Yu-na Kim.

P.S. I really liked Mao's SP. It was very beautiful. A masterpiece.

waxel

Final Flight
As you may already know, "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" is one of operas greatest arias and is sung by Delilah to Samson as she seduces him to betray his faith and heritage. Sung in English as "My heart at thy sweet voice," it is one of the most beautiful and haunting pieces of music ever written.

True, it has become something of a skating warhorse but I never seem to tire of it ... when skated by a supreme artist, like Jeff. I think it could be a lovely program for Mao.

morninglight

On the Ice
As you may already know, "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" is one of operas greatest arias and is sung by Delilah to Samson as she seduces him to betray his faith and heritage. Sung in English as "My heart at thy sweet voice," it is one of the most beautiful and haunting pieces of music ever written.

True, it has become something of a skating warhorse but I never seem to tire of it ... when skated by a supreme artist, like Jeff. I think it could be a lovely program for Mao.

Thank you for your wonderful post :)

I found a nice post at YOUTUBE.

"Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix" Verret & Domingo
the opera "Samson et Delilah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sVzEpp8kQ

Enjoy!

(I've somehow come to feel that it may be a little bit too mature for Mao. But perhaps when she grows up....)

Last edited:
Morninglight! :love: Thank you so much for that link. I adoooooooooooore Shirley Verrett (her voice is like torn silk) and this was the first time I got to SEE her too - gorgeous... and my beloved Placido... and that beautiful aria-duet.... sheer bliss. I will watch that one many times.

morninglight

On the Ice
Morninglight! :love: Thank you so much for that link. I adoooooooooooore Shirley Verrett (her voice is like torn silk) and this was the first time I got to SEE her too - gorgeous... and my beloved Placido... and that beautiful aria-duet.... sheer bliss. I will watch that one many times.

You are most welcome, Spun Silver. I am glad to hear that you've enjoyed that so much :)

waxel

Final Flight
Thank you for your wonderful post :)

I found a nice post at YOUTUBE.

"Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix" Verret & Domingo
the opera "Samson et Delilah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sVzEpp8kQ

Enjoy!

(I've somehow come to feel that it may be a little bit too mature for Mao. But perhaps when she grows up....)

Thank you! I went to youtube and watched 4 different versions of this great aria. Interesting that some singers (Denyce Graves, Marilyn Horne) sing a final "Samson, je t'aime!" and take the high b-flat. Wonderful!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i agree that much of the music is grown-up for mao, but after seeing her skate to Nocturne, i belive that she coudl handle grown-up music. I think with the right chreographer she couold be up to the callehnge by next season. :thumbsup:

morninglight

On the Ice
i agree that much of the music is grown-up for mao, but after seeing her skate to Nocturne, i belive that she coudl handle grown-up music. I think with the right chreographer she couold be up to the callehnge by next season. :thumbsup:

I still have had images of little Mao who loved jigsaw puzzles and LEGO (!) and was buried in huge stuffed animals at the kiss & cry, when she first appeared in senior competitions during the previous season in 2005. Although she still looks exceptionally adorable for her age, I certainly agree that she has become so much more mature this season especially with Nocturne :) . Her ballet training shines when she skates to classical music. Perhaps if they pick the parts of the music that are not too feminine, she would do very well:) I personally like girlish freshness in her and feel that she could keep feminine music for her future.
Anyway, a very nice thread! Thank you!