Improv on Ice-Sasha | Golden Skate

Improv on Ice-Sasha

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
According to her website, sasha will be performing at an Improv on Ice show in Anaheim on Oct 6, one week before Trophee Bombard.

http://www.sashacohen.com/improv.shtml

If you ask me this is pretty strong evidence that she has no intension of doing the french grand prix, as many of us suspected from the start.

merrybari

Final Flight
Sure would love to be there - what a cast - what a format!

Not sure why you think this means she won't be at TEB though. Others have tight time schedules and still manage. Please expand on your thoughts.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The close scheduling of events doesn't really mean anything by itself (I get the feeling skaters manage this all the time), but I do agree that making it to both GPs will be a feat for her.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
The close scheduling of events doesn't really mean anything by itself (I get the feeling skaters manage this all the time), but I do agree that making it to both GPs will be a feat for her.

Just wondering, but by this do you mean that you don't believe she will be able to compete at both events? I don't know much about Sasha's condition currently, so I'm not sure if you may mean this because of her health.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just wondering, but by this do you mean that you don't believe she will be able to compete at both events? I don't know much about Sasha's condition currently, so I'm not sure if you may mean this because of her health.

Yes. Of course, no one knows for sure what condition she's in, but based on past history, I would be surprised if she competes at all the events she signed up for. She got ill a good amount during her competitive years IIRC, tack on a few years of age and a more demanding system and it's not that hard to see why I predict her out by the Olympics.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Sure would love to be there - what a cast - what a format!

Not sure why you think this means she won't be at TEB though. Others have tight time schedules and still manage. Please expand on your thoughts.

yeah, I meant that I assumed she would be on a plane to France on that date or at least doing heavy duty training. With the big time difference between California and France I thought skaters usually arrived early if they could.

merrybari

Final Flight
yeah, I meant that I assumed she would be on a plane to France on that date or at least doing heavy duty training. With the big time difference between California and France I thought skaters usually arrived early if they could.

OK - I get it now! Though hopefully she'll have done heavy duty training up to then and will use this as a breather leading into TEB to relax a bit. She's been there, done that so I can't make myself believe catching a plane one day later would make that much difference.

Who is coaching her? This might be part of the "plan." or a way of having her cake and eating it too - holding her place in both opportunities - however you want to say it.

Have not seen her compete tho' I have seen her at SOI several times. Will be excited to see her and so many of my favorites on the ice in Lake Placid. The skate gods are smiling! :bow: I have front row seats. Let the season begin - please!! :bow:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
OK - I get it now! Though hopefully she'll have done heavy duty training up to then and will use this as a breather leading into TEB to relax a bit. She's been there, done that so I can't make myself believe catching a plane one day later would make that much difference.

Who is coaching her? This might be part of the "plan." or a way of having her cake and eating it too - holding her place in both opportunities - however you want to say it.

When she announced her return I believe she said she was being coached by Raphel Artunian, but there have been rumors that she has been working with Morozov over the summer in New Jersey.

merrybari

Final Flight
When she announced her return I believe she said she was being coached by Raphel Artunian, but there have been rumors that she has been working with Morozov over the summer in New Jersey.

Thanks. Not sure how I feel about that. :rolleye:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I think that Sasha has probably gained a certain kind of experience from touring which has made her alot tuffer than people can imagine. I think she probably looks at the improv as another opportunity to perform and get her face out there for the American public to see. After watching her do Moonlight Sonata I marvel at how every finger is where it should be. It looks pretty perfect. I am hoping for all the best from a seasoned Sasha. I cant wait to see her in Lake Placid!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
After watching her do Moonlight Sonata I marvel at how every finger is where it should be. It looks pretty perfect. I am hoping for all the best from a seasoned Sasha. I cant wait to see her in Lake Placid!

Moonlight Sonata is certainly work of art. But that is not really new from sasha. She has perfect hands and pointed toes and extension to die for at 15.

Bruin714

On the Ice
I don't think this means she'll not compete in France. This improv competition is in Anaheim, she doesn't even have to fly to Anaheim for this fun type of event, it's near where she trains. It could be a good warm-up and keep her mind off stressful debut (return).

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good luck, Sasha, hope all goes well! :)

I'm a Goo Goo Dolls fan & would so love it if she skated to Iris ~ perfect music for the perfect skater ~ or so it seems to me...

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha did skate to Iris for her second number.

Here's what I said on SF about her skates:

As for Sasha, she skated to You Belong To Me by Taylor Swift for the first act and Iris for the second. In Iris she tried a triple Lutz and fell badly; it was college size ice with the stage and all and she set it up very poorly. I wasn't surprised. She almost hit the cameraman!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks nadine for posting the videos!

the fall worries me, but I am happy that she at least went for it. I can't wait to see this on TV, I always thought that sasha could do a really good exhibition to Iris.

life684

Final Flight
Thanks. Not sure how I feel about that. :rolleye:

I think she is still coached by Aratunian because Adrian Schultheiss seems to be inspired skating in same group as Cohen and he feels great that he worked with Aratunian (Check the thread on Swedish Skate news). So Sasha is firmly with Aratunian.