ISU proposals: Jumps, spin for 2024-25 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

ISU proposals: Jumps, spin for 2024-25

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I only know Taylor Swift because of my football fandom, could not identify one of her songs...

but I would rather watch 87 ;) Taylor Swift programs than one more emo sadboi for the junior men. Or POTO or les Miz or our favorite warhorses.
be careful what you wish for.
(It doesn't hurt that what I have learned of Taylor as a person, I like, and as someone whose football fandom roots run deep and long, I could care less if the Dads, Brads and Chads are offended by her 15 seconds onscreen during the game).
andrew lloyd webber was a huge football fan.. just saying .

Ok.. i was just joking when I wrote that line ^^

but then...

He is a lifelong supporter of London-based football club Leyton Orient F.C.,[107] just like his younger brother Julian.[108]

the other kind of football of course ;)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I looked at the agenda, and it is as clear as mud:sneaky:

But it looks as though the ISU recommends voting "no" on the American proposal on pairs ages and want to preserve a seven year age gap if the ages are raised? Did I get that right?

ETA: (oops, this is the jumps and spins thread. Don't see that proposal, but I read really fast. I need an executive summary. :) )

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
ETA: (oops, this is the jumps and spins thread. Don't see that proposal, but I read really fast. I need an executive summary. :) )
Discussion for the changes starts on page 100.

The age discussion is interesting, I'll reply in the age proposal thread :)

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
I'm having trouble understanding the combo/ euler thing - so the euler does not have a bv anymore, okay, but 3Lz-eu-3S would still be a combo right - and as such be one of only two allowed combos? Not sure that's a good idea. I'd rather erase the single jumps that are already part of a combo.
edit: or maybe I still misunderstand

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble understanding the combo/ euler thing - so the euler does not have a bv anymore, okay, but 3Lz-eu-3S would still be a combo right - and as such be one of only two allowed combos? Not sure that's a good idea. I'd rather erase the single jumps that are already part of a combo.
edit: or maybe I still misunderstand
It wouldn't count as a jump in the combo. So theoretically, it could be 3Lz-Eu-3S-3T for a three jump combo, while 3Lz-Eu- 3S would be a two jump combo.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I looked at the agenda, and it is as clear as mud:sneaky:

But it looks as though the ISU recommends voting "no" on the American proposal on pairs ages and want to preserve a seven year age gap if the ages are raised? Did I get that right?

So what do you mean it’s clear as mud?

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
If the thinking is that pairs needs a choreographic spin (bring back the stag position for the women in the pairs sit spin already!) and a choreographic lift, how about choreographic jumps? It could be anything: side-by-side split jumps/falling leafs, side-by-side arabians (imagine side-by-side raspberry twists!), pull arabians, side-by-side jump sequence of 3-5 jumps of no more than two revs. All judged on unison and "spectacularness," of course.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what do you mean it’s clear as mud?

In that there are so many proposals on one issue (age limits) and they don't appear to be synthesized.

I found it difficult to wind my way through them, (OK, what did this group say, how is it different) but that could be just me. :)

cailuj365

On the Ice
If the thinking is that pairs needs a choreographic spin (bring back the stag position for the women in the pairs sit spin already!) and a choreographic lift, how about choreographic jumps? It could be anything: side-by-side split jumps/falling leafs, side-by-side arabians (imagine side-by-side raspberry twists!), pull arabians, side-by-side jump sequence of 3-5 jumps of no more than two revs. All judged on unison and "spectacularness," of course.

I was thinking that too, lol! We already have choreographic sequences, choreographic lifts, probably choreographic spins... choreographic jumps are next. Was thinking it would be split jumps or some type of aerial move or delayed axel or something.

Again, I think it's funny/also sad that ISU literally has to mandate choreography as a technical element, but whatever works...