ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations | Page 7 | Golden Skate

ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Yes, I tried Courtyard pretty quickly and found it was sold out. It seems like the Hampton would be ok, and when I have stayed at Hamptons in the past, they have a pretty decent freebie buffet breakfast. We'll see. A lot of things will have to fall into place for me to go.

Thx for your input @Seven Sisters regarding the Hampton. If you don't mind me asking, did you stay there last year, or were you at another hotel?
I was at the Home2Suites by Hilton, Fairview/Allen, which is in a retail/mixed development across one highway from the rink and the restaurant /shopping complex that adjoins it.

IIRC the Hampton is farther away and requires the crossing of more, and different, highways. I do know someone who stayed there, but they had a car.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
come to Halifax :)
It's actually quite tempting; flights from the West Coast aren't quite as pricey as I expected them to be. There's also a family connection as well, some of my Scottish ancestors settled in Nova Scotia before they came to the US and I'd like to experience that part of my heritage for myself. 🙂 (Not sure if this makes me part Canadian, it was possibly still ruled by the British back then. If it does make me part Canadian, then I would be proud. 🙂)

Of course, I think I will wait until Grand Prix assignments happen before making a final decision...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's actually quite tempting; flights from the West Coast aren't quite as pricey as I expected them to be. There's also a family connection as well, some of my Scottish ancestors settled in Nova Scotia before they came to the US and I'd like to experience that part of my heritage for myself. 🙂 (Not sure if this makes me part Canadian, it was possibly still ruled by the British back then. If it does make me part Canadian, then I would be proud. 🙂)

Of course, I think I will wait until Grand Prix assignments happen before making a final decision...
there will be either Yuma or Adam most likely... as I'd be surprised that Ilia would pick SKAM and SCI (back to back). So that's a good start already... :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been to Dallas, (never to Allen)

I have been to Halifax.

I don't care if Donovan Carrillo, Andrew Torgashev, and the ghost of Toller Cranston were entered at SA, and Jason skated as a special guest. A suburb of Dallas? versus charming Halifax and its charming fort and its charming harbor, and well, you get the idea. :biggrin:

Sadly for me, overnight travel is not a thing now no matter the destination. But I know which one I would go to. :)

nguyhm

On the Ice
Anybody who went to Skate America last year, did you stay at the Hampton Inn on Stacy Rd? It shows it's a 15 minute walk from the venue. Looks farther than that, and it's hard to tell whether it's walker "friendly".
The Hampton Inn is across the highway (hwy 75) and Stacy Rd so walking from there to the arena could be a challenge (crossing the freeway can be risky since Texans are not used to pedestrians and sadly don't accommodate them properly).
Last year my friend stayed at the Residence Inn and liked it (it includes breakfast and the rooms are spacious with a tiny "kitchen"). It has a "Fairview" address so it might not show up properly when you google. It is across Stacy Rd from the arena. There's a Whole Food nearby and lots of restaurants in that area. Walking is doable since it's behind a shopping strip and there are sidewalks (there was some construction last year so hopefully it will be better this year). Please make sure to cross the street (Stacy Rd) at the lights intersection since traffic on Stacy Rd is quite busy.
The issue my friend had was when she tried to get rides with Lift. I think the hotel can be difficult to find from GPS so unless the drivers are familiar with the area they might go around in circles and it could be very frustrating. She also had problem having Lift picking her up from the arena after the end of the events.
On a side note I live 15 minutes from the arena and will be glad to pick up and/or drop off if our schedules coincide (I think I met some of you last year...). Feel free to PM me as needed.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Hampton Inn is across the highway (hwy 75) and Stacy Rd so walking from there to the arena could be a challenge (crossing the freeway can be risky since Texans are not used to pedestrians and sadly don't accommodate them properly).
Last year my friend stayed at the Residence Inn and liked it (it includes breakfast and the rooms are spacious with a tiny "kitchen"). It has a "Fairview" address so it might not show up properly whey you google. It is across Stacy Rd from the arena. There's a Whole Food nearby and lots of restaurants in that area. Walking is doable since it's behind a shopping strip and there are sidewalks (there was some construction last year so hopefully it will be better this year). Please make sure to cross the street (Stacy Rd) at the lights intersection since traffic on Stacy Rd is quite busy.
The issue my friend had was when she tried to get rides with Lift. I think the hotel can be difficult to find from GPS so unless the drivers are familiar with the area they might go around in circles and it could be very frustrating. She also had problem having Lift picking her up from the arena after the end of the events.
On a side note I live 15 minutes from the arena and will be glad to pick up and/or drop off if our schedules coincide (I think I met some of you last year...). Feel free to PM me as needed.
How far of a walk from the Hampton inn is from that intersection?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx so much for your input. I switched my reservation from the Hampton to the Home2 Hilton . I definitely don't mind walking but was a little concerned seeing all the highways. Sounds like Home2 is good. I have stayed at Residence Inn 4 different times (in 3 different cities) and LOVE them and wholeheartedly recommend them...I noticed the nearby Whole Foods which is definitely a plus!

So kind of you to offer a ride! We'll see what develops. A few things will have to fall into place for me to make the trip. Arrrgghhh. Oct. seems so far off!