ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations | Page 5 | Golden Skate

ISU Announces 2024-25 Grand Prix locations

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I keep forgetting because I haven’t been to Skate America since 2017, when does that competition announce the location?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I keep forgetting because I haven’t been to Skate America since 2017, when does that competition announce the location?
Who knows. Last year it wasn't announced till super late because of those endless shootings in the States

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't be surprised.. it's due to go to the Maritimes.
So are we saying the Skate Canada GP in Oct. will be in Halifax? Isn't the Scotia Bank Centre the one that's WAAAAYY up at the top of the hill? (If your hotel is by the waterfront?). I have been to Halifax twice and love it. Would love to go back.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So are we saying the Skate Canada GP in Oct. will be in Halifax? Isn't the Scotia Bank Centre the one that's WAAAAYY up at the top of the hill? (If your hotel is by the waterfront?). I have been to Halifax twice and love it. Would love to go back.
rumours point to that... I have been to halifax but i have no idea about the rink... i did summer touristy things there ;) it may be a good place to for all of us to "come together" ;)

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I attended the Canadian Nationals in Halifax in 2007 at the Metro Centre (which has now changed names to Scotiabank Centre) but I don't remember it being at the top of a hill. I seem to remember it was right in downtown.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are there any rumors for SkAm?
I have heard rumors on another forum to the extent that it will be in a Midwestern state and that the same state will also host US Nationals in a different location. Unfortunately for this West Coast person, this means Las Vegas isn't an option. 💔 Perhaps I might be interested if it's near Chicago or Cleveland (maybe even Cincinnati). It's doubtful that I'll go at this point, though.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I have heard rumors on another forum to the extent that it will be in a Midwestern state and that the same state will also host US Nationals in a different location. Unfortunately for this West Coast person, this means Las Vegas isn't an option. 💔 Perhaps I might be interested if it's near Chicago or Cleveland (maybe even Cincinnati). It's doubtful that I'll go at this point, though.
Yeah, if it's not Vegas, I would rather go to Halifax to avoid international travel. Unless there is some dream combination of skaters and the hotel near the arena. Unless it's Milwaukee. I need to go to Milwaukee for research. Is that considered Midwestern?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, if it's not Vegas, I would rather go to Halifax to avoid international travel. Unless there is some dream combination of skaters and the hotel near the arena. Unless it's Milwaukee. I need to go to Milwaukee for research. Is that considered Midwestern?
Yes, Milwaukee is considered Midwestern in my opinion. 🙂

I was supposed to stop by Chicago briefly on my way to Montreal in 2020, but since I canceled that flight, I still haven't gotten to see Chicago. So that's why I'm hoping for the Chicago area.

I'm not quite sure whether Ohio is considered a Midwestern state or not, but since my father's side of the family is from there, I definitely want to see it at some point.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, Milwaukee is considered Midwestern in my opinion. 🙂

I was supposed to stop by Chicago briefly on my way to Montreal in 2020, but since I canceled that flight, I still haven't gotten to see Chicago. So that's why I'm hoping for the Chicago area.

I'm not quite sure whether Ohio is considered a Midwestern state or not, but since my father's side of the family is from there, I definitely want to see it at some point.
Ohio is definitely the Midwest.

Bord

Rinkside
Nah, I meant Maritimes. I have never been to the East, except Ottawa, Montreal and Mississauga, so I don't know what they have there.

I am afraid to travel to Europe due to the current political situation, so waiting impatiently to see what SkAm and SkCan will choose. I mean, SkAm is tempting because of Malinin, but I also HAVE to see Cha in good shape.
The current situation in Europe? It is as volatile as the US. But there are also some amazingly wonderful places - with serene beauty and good people. dont characterize.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
What are you guys even talking about?
Honestly, no idea what they're talking about either.

Europe might only be marginally bigger than the US, but consists of a lot more countries, with vastly different political and economic situations. In my country, there really isn't much volatility at all, even in big cities and I honestly can't think of any particular issues in surrounding countries either. :scratch2:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The current situation in Europe? It is as volatile as the US. But there are also some amazingly wonderful places - with serene beauty and good people. dont characterize.
Yeah, even being a Canadian citizen for 25 years, with a Canadian passport, I still have my birthplace shown in it, and I don't want to answer any additional questions in a side rooms on entry anywhere. God looks after those who look after themselves.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, even being a Canadian citizen for 25 years, with a Canadian passport, I still have my birthplace shown in it, and I don't want to answer any additional questions in a side rooms on entry anywhere. God looks after those who look after themselves.
You have to list your place of birth on your Canadian passport application, but can have it left off of the passport itself. The information is on the passport application instructions section. However, leaving it off may cause you even more problems than showing it!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
You have to list your place of birth on your Canadian passport application, but can have it left off of the passport itself. The information is on the passport application instructions section. However, leaving it off may cause you even more problems than showing it!
Didn't know that, but doesn't really change a thing until things far bigger than I change. Until then, no Europe is probably best.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Didn't know that, but doesn't really change a thing until things far bigger than I change. Until then, no Europe is probably best.

Your decision, but there are several million people born in the Soviet Union living in Germany, many of them Russian speaking. If you are ready to fly to the US which from my experience has some of the toughest and time consuming controls at airports I don't get why you think it would be a problem here.