Men - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
20 Naiden BORICHEV BUL
Music: Incantation fro Cirque du Soleil / dark red top with gold on waist band & geometric design down one leg /
3a fell - not sure if rot / 3f2t / 3z - think free foot brushed the ice going through / flysit with nice spin / O ftwrk moves well and expresses the music / back sit to start the sti ch sit - spin is quite good / strt steps are with music but seem a little empty to me / false ending - now into combo spin to end the program /

PB 40.48 TES 25.12 PCS 22.57 Ded 1.00 Tot 46.69 currently 10th

rinkmaster

Rinkside
so there will be a break in between this group and the next group right? The next group is not until 2:00 right??

Thanks, Rosaleen. Enjoy your lunch! But wait till dinner for the sake. Wouldn't want your pbp's to get blurry. :p

Rosaleen

Medalist
21 Joel WATSON NZL
Music: Lord of the Dance / blue top with lighter design
Popped flip / 2a / sit ch sit starts backwards / music now picks up to lilting jig?? You know what I mean for O ftwrk and I think there was a bit of balance check ½ way through and he doesn't seem to have the energy in it that he did at 4c's / ftwrk 2t / sorry - I went into a bit of daydream mode for a second / now into his strt steps and the crowd clapping I think is carrying him through to the end of the program into his flysit /

PB 40.56 TES 13.20 PCS 16.89 Tot 30.09 currently 21st

Rosaleen

Medalist
Thanks, Rosaleen. Enjoy your lunch! But wait till dinner for the sake. Wouldn't want your pbp's to get blurry. :p

Thanks for the thought - the pbp might get even better with a drink or two in me :)
Really what I need right now is a bit of food - just have to try and find some that I don't have to wait in line for forever. . . .

See you in an hour

megrin

Rinkside
Thank you, Rosaleen, but it really sucks because I'm in Tokyo and it's perfect time to watch the competition live, and yet there is NO LIVE COVERAGE on TV here. I'm also depending on your report...I will go to FS tomorrow, and it does have live coverage on a cable channel; and Fuji TV, which covers the "entire" competition airs it at 7 at night every day, with a lot of fluffs I'm sure and probably omits most skaters but top six or so...sigh.

Last edited:
Oh boy, that would be frustrating.

I don't think I can stay awake much longer. It will be hours before my main squeezes (my FIVE main squeezes, not counting a few ;) ) skate.

Hmm - wonder what the odds are of Sandhu making one of his great comebacks in the final slot?

Yawn.

Last edited:

Tigger

Final Flight
Beyond frustrating!!

Well...I had to make a decision. Skip Groups Three and Four and take badly needed two hour nap or kill myself trying to watch it all w/this awful time difference between Northeastern Ontario and Tokyo. I went for the nap and feel much better and am now raring to go!! :bigrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
guess I'll wait and find out tomorrow morning... *sigh*

*big shout* GO EVANRYANANDJOHNNY!

Rosaleen

Medalist
22 Yannick PONSERO FRA
Music: In the Mood for Love / all in black with silver & white V design on front /
Beautiful 3a to open / 4t went up on a bad lean and you could see it wouldn't land / combo spin with nice extension on the camels / ftwrk 3s / sit ch sit is centered with very good pos & speed / O ftwrk is musical and uses his body - flows very nicely / death drop includes the same good pos as the other sit spins / strt ftwrk moves fast and flows with the music - nicely done right into his closing pose /

PB 69.05 TES 37.55 PCS 32.21 Ded 1.00 tot 68.76 currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
23 Christopher MABEE CAN
Music: Blues Deluxe black shirt with leather pants over lime green shirt /
Right into the music with his opening chor / great 3a / 3z3t / sit ch sit is very good right into death drop / music builds as he does his flip out of footwork / O ftwrk is fabulous - yes I'm showing my bias but this is a great program and he skating it great - / combo spin is good / and the strt steps to end the programs /
TES 39.28 PCS 32.05 tot 71.33 new pb currently 1st something's happened to my touchscreen and I'm not getting the proper results

Rosaleen

Medalist
24 Andrei LUTAI RUS
To Be by Saint-Preux in black
Sorry people but I missed most of his skate due to problems with the screen and people monkeying around me trying to get it working / it wasn't just my screen it was a bunch of them.

PB 66.97 TES 28.37 PCS 31.00 Tot 59.37 currently 6th

Rosaleen

Medalist
25 Ryan BRADLEY USA
Music: Poka by Kramer / bright yellow shirt with orange suspenders and blue pants /
3a fell and a big groan from the crowd / music picks up and the crowd is clapping for 3f3t - nicely done / as is the 3z / sit ch sit is excellent - great speed & pos / O ftwrk is chored to the music and expresses it well / flysit is good as is the strt ftwrk into combo spin / I managed to make the notes but wasn't really into the program /

PB 68.83 TES 32.31 PCS 31.57 Ded 1.00 Tot 62.88 currently 4th

Rosaleen

Medalist
26 Gregor URBAS SLO
Music: Rhapsody on a Theme Paganini / white top with black pants /
Nice speed & flow to start into 3z3t - nicely done / 3a small and probably 2ft but fully rotated / flysit spin is good / travelling 3s into 3loop / sit ch sit with low pos & variations / O ftwrk interprets the music nicely and flows and right into strt steps that also are good / combo spin with headless pos on front and is well centered /

PB 61.70 TES 31.48 PCS 28.45 tot 59.93 currently 7th

amber68

On the Ice
Really low TES for Lutai, though no fall. He probably popped the jumps. It will be hard for the Russians to keep their two spots for next year.