Men - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
33 Nobunari ODA JPN
Music: Fly Me to the Moon by Howard Bart / black with white collar & cuffs and scattered crystals /
Some dancing & bopping to the music and the crowd is already clapping / axel didn't get off the ice - almost a waxel but he didn't go down / beautiful 3z3t / deathdrop into great sit spin / sit ch sit with variations is geat / a bit of chor and into O ftwrk that is dancey and moves riht with the music capturing it's character / fast ftwrk in into 3f that he had to hang on to / strt steps right with music / combo spin to end with fast scratch / and the flowers and presents rain down as the flower girls take the ice to clear them off /

PB 83.55 TES 32.17 PCS 35.00 Tot 67.17 currently 5th

Rosaleen

Medalist
34 Tomas VERNER CZE
Music: Toccata & Fugue performed by Vanessa Mae pink shirt with lime green bow on one shoulder /
A bit of chor to start and down the ice for 3f3t - nicely done / axel didn't go up right and he popped it - I think too slow going into it / ftwrk 3z / sit ch sit - didn't really sit it but it was good / strt steps build with the music as the crowd claps / music change and into a huge flysit with great tuck - nice spin / music picks up again for O ftwrk and crowd is clapping - uses whole body and expresses the music well - with a bit of humour / back camel starts the combo spin with nice extension and good sit positions /

PB 76.56 TES 34.99 PCS 35.46 Tot 70.45 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
35 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN
Adios Nonino by Piazzolla dark red tshirt with black semi-sheer shirt over black pants
The silence of the crowd can be felt / 3f3t / some chor and around for the 3a - beautiful / flysit is great and now some melodic music - you can feel the crowd with him / 3z bit forward on the landing but clean / sitchsit with his usual great pos / O ftwrk is instense and flows with the music so well / strt steps now using whole body and one with the music crowd is clapping before he finishes / combo spin starts with camel with great extension and into the sit variations that we all know into a scratch / a standing ovation and more flowers than anyone else so far - the flower girls are having to make a second trip /

PB 77.72 TES 42.76 PCS 37.14 Tot 79.90 new PB currently 1st

Rosaleen

Medalist
36 Evan LYSACEK USA
Music: the Feeling Begins from Passion / black satin shirt with bit of red at neck
Dramatic head movment to start / 4t hand down turnout on to other foot 2t / 3a was not really pretty but clean / ftwrk 3f / flysit is excellent great speed & pos / strt ftwrk is right with and expresses the driving music beautifully / sit ch sit is very good with change of edge / O ftwrk as music builds even more - it expresses the music but something seems lacking in it to me / combo spin to end is very good into dramatic moves into closing pose /

PB 73.42 TES 37.42 PCS 36.07 Tot 73.49 new PB currently 2nd

lysacekaya

Spectator
no bad for Evan! as long as the final leader is not 10 pts higher, he'll still have chance to jump up and win.

figuristka

Medalist
Lambiel is a beautiful skater, love the program as i love Jeff´s. Shame about the fall on the 3 A, and triple for a quad.

Rosaleen

Medalist
37 Stephane LAMBIEL SUI
Music: Blood Diamond soundtrack / black with shiny design on top /
Some chor in place to start / 3a fell - slid off edge / 3t2t - opened up on the quad / S ftwrk is wonderful - / music has slowed now and his expression matches it / 3z not a great landing but he saved it cleanly / beautiful combo spin / music has picked up again for strt ftwrk and crowd is clapping - uses whole body like few can / fly sit is fast & low with great pos as is the combo spin - all his unque positions / and again the flowers raing down on the ice /

PB 80.60 TES 35.85 PCS 37.85 Ded 1.00 Tot 72.70 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
38 Brian JOUBERT FRA
Die Another Day with 007 on his back
Beautiful 4t3t was perfect / good 3a / death drop into fly sit / ftwrk 3f think he had a hand down / O ftwrk si dynamic and fun in the theme of the music and the crowd is clapping loudly / combo spin is very well done / pause at the end fo the boards for strt steps and the crowd picks up their clapping with the music / strt steps are very well done - fast with good expression / sit ch sit to end the program /

PB 80.75 TES 44.85 PCS 38.79 Tot 83.64 currently 1st

candy

Spectator
I usually just lurk but want to chime in with my excitement for Brian. YAY!!!!

I love Stephane too but oh well, he said he was burnt out this season.

Rosaleen

Medalist
39 Johnny WEIR USA
Music: King of Chess / black with white on one side of top (you've all seen it)
Lots of stroking around into 3a / 3z3t / back sit with variations ch sit - great spin - good speed & pos / O frtwrk - was awfully empty to me - flowed well but . . . ftwrk 3f step out / combo spin / music picks up again for strt steps that again flow very well but don't seem to have much there / deathdrop into great sit spin with variations /

PB 80.00 TES 37.97 PCS 36.29 Tot 74.26 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
40 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
Music: Violin Concerto by Tchaikovski navy blue with shades of light blue chiffon on top
Nice opening chor / 3f hand to hang on to the landing but managed to turn a 3t - great determination on his part / 3a landed right with the music / ftwrk into 3z / music speeds up and builds and the clapping in on again / This O fitwrk is so expressive of the music and uses his whole body / strt steps are just as good as circular - wonderful / combo spin ending with headless has the crowd cheering and clapping before he finished

PB 84.44 TES 36.94 PCS 37.57 Tot 74.51 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
41 Alban PREAUBERT FRA
Music Buzzy bee / black with horizontal black & yellow striped top (think bee)
3a / and 3f2t / deathdrop into very nice sit spin with variations / some chor and now the bee is chasing him / 3z just barely hung on with a very late step out - don't know how they'll call it / the O ftwrk is playful and interesting and moves with the music / sit ch sit is good / strt ftwrk has him swatting at the been again / combo spin is good pos variations & centered /

PB 73.80 TES 35.95 PCS 34.11 Tot 70.06 curently 10th

Rosaleen

Medalist
42 Emanuel SANDHU CAN
Music: Pantera en Liberta, Mambo / dayglo yellow green top with red down back
Some great dancing to start / crowd is calpping / 3ft3t / round he comes for the axel 3a but fell thin kit was rotated / flysit is good / and now come dancing infront of the judges as the music changes for his O ftwrk that expresses it well - nice sultry feel to it / spread eagle ftwrk into 3z that he had to fight for / sit ch sit is good and not into the strt steps well done - danced with the music / beautiful extension on the camel spin that start the combo ending in open leg pos /

PB 78.41 TES 35.53 PCS 34.89 ded 1.00 tot 69.42 currently 11th

christinaskater

Medalist
They definitely brought it here in Tokyo! WOW!

Congrats Brian JOUBERT! God bless on the long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buttle was exquisite!

Takahashi was glorious

Weir WOWIFIC

Lysacek was also something to behold

MABEE was wow as well

Lambiel's was unfortunate but definitely still quality!
WOW WOW WOW

Unfortunate for Oda

Germanice

On the Ice
Great day! Congrats to Brian, Jeff and Daisuke!
Jeff was the one who impressed me the most today, what-a-skate! :rock:
Brian skated like a champ already, he could only lose that thing if he enters the ice with bare feet ...
Good for Stephane still being in the final group, saw his new LP, it's brilliant and I'm still hoping ...

Did I forget something? Yay to my beloved Johnny :rock: , in front of ... :biggrin: :p

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Jeffery was the true winner of the night, even if Brian quadded his way into first as per usual.
The one I feel most sorry for, though, is Takahashi. Now with Oda out of comission and the bronze position, he's gotta be under high pressure, and he's got Johnny breathing down his neck(three tenths of a mark!), Evan breathing down Johnny's neck, and Stephane breathing down Evan's neck!