Men - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

Kasey

Medalist
Really low TES for Lutai, though no fall. He probably popped the jumps. It will be hard for the Russians to keep their two spots for next year.

He put a hand down on 3A, did a 3z-2t combo, and only a 3loop for single jump. Also possibly lower levels of footwork. And it seems to be already a foregone conclusion that Russia will only have one men's slot for next year. I don't see Voronov breaking into top ten.

Rosaleen

Medalist
27 Stefan LINDEMANN GER
Music: Robot City by John Powell / black with blue vertical lines down one side
3z2t to open the program / 3a with a bit of a hand down / combo spin with a couple of unique pos in the sit / music change and the crowd is clapping 3f from ftwrk / sit ch sit with excellent speed & pos / music change again for O ftwrk that is right with it and expresses it welll - very nicely done / huge deathdrop with great speed & position on the 1st position but spin almost died after change of pos / straightline steps use whole body and build with the music - into closing pose /

PB 68.65 TES 33.86 PCS 31.54 Tot 65.40 currently in 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
28 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE
Music: Merecunde, la Vida es un Cameval / red t-shirt unblack shiny shirt
Music starts with an alarm clocki that surprises the audience / 3z2t kind of wild on the toe / 3a / and 3f way forward on the landing but didn't put his hand down / O ftwrk is interesting and expresses the music well / sit ch sit with good speed & pos / some nice chor touches here and into his strt steps - excellent - interesting, different and right with the music / combo spin with great open leg pos /

PB 67.25 TES 34.88 PCS 31.21 Tot 66.09 currently 3rd

Rosaleen

Medalist
29 Jialiang WU CHN
Music: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon shades of purple top with white design on it
Plaintive music to open with a bit of chor but not much / music sort of explodes for a second and a huge high 3a - beautiful / music dies down again and his chor reflects it int 3f3t / flysit into O ftwrk that's with the music but maybe a little slow / combo spin is centered with quite good pos if a bit slow / spread eagle into 3z / paus & change of music for strt steps crowd is clapping and I can't put my finger on it but the steps aren't quite with the music / generally there was lack of presentation in the program

PB 63.52 TES 39.49 PCS 28.21 Tot 67.70 new PB currently 3rd

I'm starting to get really nervous for Johnny going after Lysacek, Buttle, Lambiel and Joubert. Good God! At least he's not going right after home-country favorite sons.

I'm not asking skate gods to let him win - just medal. :bow: Or even just do his best. :bow:

I really am going to bed....

BTW, good jobs by Yannick Ponsero and Christopher Mabee!

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
30 Sergei VORONOV RUS
Music: Piano Concerto No 2 by Rachmaninov dark maroon top with white trim
A fair bit of stroking around with not much chor / 3f turnout 2t / 3a / sit ch sit was lost by the people walking back & forth in front of me / O ftwrk was expressive and flowed nicely with the music / combo spin / strt steps move with the music but seem a little simple

PB 59.49 TES 29.92 PCS 30.58 Tot 60.50 new PB currently 10th

figuristka

Medalist
just a double loop for Voronov but still a pb. Anyone have the skating order i cannot get the isu page to come up. Othman next.

tae04

On the Ice
32 Sergei DAVYDOV BLR
33 Nobunari ODA JPN
34 Tomas VERNER CZE
35 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN
36 Evan LYSACEK USA
Warm-Up Group 8
37 Stephane LAMBIEL SUI
38 Brian JOUBERT FRA
39 Johnny WEIR USA
40 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
41 Alban PREAUBERT FRA
42 Emanuel SANDHU CAN

megrin

Rinkside
>At least he's not going right after home-country favorite sons.

Oh, Johnny has even more fans than Takahashi here in Japan, so no worries about that. I went to the open practice session on 19th and he had loud cheers from the audience (I'm one of them ;) ). I really hope he shows us a good performance and I guess the result will come after that.

Rosaleen

Medalist
31 Jamal OTHMAN SUI
Music: Danse macabre / dark blue with one white sleeve and down side /
3z3t is nicely done / very flowing movement and good speed / ftwrk into 3f / death drop is big with fast spin with variations - nicely done / diag steps use whole body and express the music - a little too much arm flailying for my liking (but it's always been that way with his skating) / 2a / O ftwrk the same comments as strt / combo spin includes a lovely stretch catchfoot pos / sit ch sit has good speed and positions / He skated that program about as best he could

PB 62.82 TES 33.08 PCS 30.63 Tot 63.71 new PB currently 7th

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks for the order.

I had not realized here in Finland it was on another channel and i missed so many skaters.Seems it just started on euro sport but showing highlights of pairs short.

z4mboni

Rinkside
Oh, Johnny has even more fans than Takahashi here in Japan,

Really? Interesting! When I watched clips from the Japanese TV last time there was a poll in which Takahashi was 3rd favourite male athlete (a baseball player and someone I forgot were 1st & 2nd). And in an online poll for a favourite figure skater Takahashi was first (Oda second, Lambiel third).

M

mylastduchess

It looks like the competition is strong today, Hope Eman and Weir does't blow it!

megrin

Rinkside
well, of course TV airs special programs on Takahashi and Oda, and generally Takahashi is more popular, but on the rinkside Johnny gets louder cheers--I don't remember anybody called Takahashi's name, but Johnny's got a lot of cheers on 19th at least. I'd say Johnny has "stronger" fans?

Spectator
Is there anywhere on the net to watch live streaming? I can't find anything on Eurosport.

Rosaleen

Medalist
they're on the ice and the feeling in the arena is electric. The place is almost packed with only some scattered empty seats (except for the reserved VIP seats of course)

Rosaleen

Medalist
32 Sergei DAVYDOV BLR
Music: Hymn to the Moon by Evgenia Monolides / wearing dark navy blue with light blue hanging bits on the diag across his chest /
Lots of skating around with no chor to speak of into a beautiful 3a / 3z3t with a tiny wobble on the landing of the toe / ftwrk 3f / butterfly back sit / O ftwrk is very flowing and edgey but not much connection to the music / bac camel starts the combo spin and then right into the sit ch sit - both are well done but this music is doing nothing for me / strt steps again flow with the music /

PB 70.14 TES 37.61 PCS 33.11 Tot 70.72 new PB currently 2nd