Music Question - Kristi Yamaguchi "Trouble" | Golden Skate

Music Question - Kristi Yamaguchi "Trouble"

goldberry99

Rinkside
I just watched a couple different performances of Kristi Yamaguchi's pro program "Trouble." Sometimes she did the Elvis Presley version, and other times it was sung by a female singer. Does anyone know who recorded the female version that Kristi skated to? Thanks!

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
goldberry99 said:
I just watched a couple different performances of Kristi Yamaguchi's pro program "Trouble." Sometimes she did the Elvis Presley version, and other times it was sung by a female singer. Does anyone know who recorded the female version that Kristi skated to? Thanks!
I think it's the version on the Original Cast Recording of the musical 'Smokey Joe's Cafe'. I just listened to a snippet on both iTunes and Amazon, but can't recall if it really is the version Kristi skated to. But I seem to remember during some broadcast they said "from 'Smokey Joe's Cafe'". Hope this helps

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yay! A Kristi question for me to answer! :)

Trouble sung by a female vocal is from the Smokey Joe's Cafe musical cast recording. Incidentally, Teach Me How to Shimmy, which Kristi also skated to, is also on that CD.

Kristi's two "Trouble" programs were separate programs in that they had different choreography...she did the Smokey Joe's Cafe version first, then later did the Elvis version for the 97-98 SOI tour.

goldberry99

Rinkside
Oh my gosh you guys are great! This is the Ask Jeeves of figure skating. I thought it was a shot in the dark and you guys answered it right away. Thanks so much!
:bow:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
goldberry99 said:
Oh my gosh you guys are great! This is the Ask Jeeves of figure skating. I thought it was a shot in the dark and you guys answered it right away. Thanks so much!
:bow:

chances are if you come here you can get your question answered... Jeeves don't know diddly ;)