Music suggestions for 2022-23 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Music suggestions for 2022-23

farornaskonung

Rinkside
I've been thinking about this song for a while, and how well it could suit Shoma Uno, since I like the combo Shoma+emotive music and Shoma+high energy songs. And this song has both parts! There is room for an epic choreographic sequence+step sequence to the end of the song (why be original?), ca 2:40 onwards.

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
OKAY, I want something BIG, POWERFUL, and ENORMOUS! Something to get the crowd going and grab people's attention!
AKA, I want Petr Gumennik to serve us Mussorgsky: Night on a Bare Mountain, or literally anything from this video. A power Russian composer for a powerful Russian skater.

Ends at 39:37, obviously would have to clip it and it may be to fast to skate to, but I want it to happen!
35:00 could make for a sick illusion spin.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
OKAY, I want something BIG, POWERFUL, and ENORMOUS! Something to get the crowd going and grab people's attention!
AKA, I want Petr Gumennik to serve us Mussorgsky: Night on a Bare Mountain, or literally anything from this video. A power Russian composer for a powerful Russian skater.

Ends at 39:37, obviously would have to clip it and it may be to fast to skate to, but I want it to happen!
35:00 could make for a sick illusion spin.

Wow, first the Queen of the Night and now Bald Mountain...you don't mess around, do you? ;)
But seriously, this could be really exciting for the right skater. :clap:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Wow, first the Queen of the Night and now Bald Mountain...you don't mess around, do you? ;)
But seriously, this could be really exciting for the right skater. :clap:
I also want something lyrical and beautiful, like the Robin's Return. Not sure if it is super stateable though. It would need someone with good skating skills, or footwork.

Or this Strauss II waltz, the opening is so beautiful. Open to all disciplines: I think that maybe a balletic pair or dance couple, a guy with nice posture, lines, and carriage like Matvei Vetlugin, or someone like a japanese lady with nice skating skills and spins could skate to this.

Last edited:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Additionally this is kind of unusual, but can people do more English operettas (Gilbert and Sullivan, etc.). For example: Mabel's Song, Poor Wandering One, from the Pirates of Penzance.

If you don't like this version there are different ones online. I was thinking maybe a ladies short program or maybe it could be a funny pairs exhibition.

Last edited:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I wonder if we'll see a Bridgerton programme next season? The second season has been released just as a lot of teams will be taking a break/getting inspired and choosing music. The soundtracks have a nice selection of original scores and the string quartet versions of modern music. It would suit a FD best I would imagine, and it has a romantic storyline (more than one) built in already to base it off of. They also have the scenes from different balls which could inspire some really interesting and intricate dance holds. I personally think it would suit a younger team better - and in fact I think I would look to perhaps C/P (they need something different, they have emoted well in the past, they need a "safer" choice than last season, and I think that there will be a gap for more romantic feeling programmes and it's an identity they may be able to sell).

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know what the pattern dance is for next season’s rhythm dance?
There's been no official announcement, as yet. The rumour during Worlds was that it was a Latin rhythm, but I don't think this was confirmed anywhere?

If it is Latin, possible choices are:
  • Argentine Tango (junior pattern in 2018/19)
  • Cha Cha Congelado (junior pattern in 2017/18)
  • Paso Doble (senior pattern in 2014/15)
  • Rhumba (senior pattern in 2017/18)
  • Silver Samba (junior pattern in 2014/15)
  • Tango
  • Tango Romantica (senior pattern in 2018/19)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I haven't checked to see if it's been done, but I'd love to see a pairs or dance program to The Age of Innocence soundtrack. I think it would be nice on many singles skaters as well (a more mature alternative to Romeo and Juliet, perhaps?) who have a sense for character and drama...

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I haven't checked to see if it's been done, but I'd love to see a pairs or dance program to The Age of Innocence soundtrack. I think it would be nice on many singles skaters as well (a more mature alternative to Romeo and Juliet, perhaps?) who have a sense for character and drama...

🥰 it’s my name..😊

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Not a music selection, but Han Yan has mentioned via social media that he wants to choreograph a program for Yuma in particular because Yuma has said he admires and looks up to Han Yan. Well, Yuma retweeted that and I REALLY want this to happen. I have no clue what music it would be set to though.

For Shoma Uno, I want him to skate to the Yuri on Ice theme (Miu Suzaki and Ryuichi Kihara used it as a SP in 2017-18). It's a very emotional and beautiful piano piece that reminds me a bit of his "Dancing On My Own' program, except this one is about not dancing on your own.

Mark Kondratiuk needs to do a horror movie soundtrack and really get into character because that would be another fun program from him.
I didn't know Yuma admired Han Yan. Wouldn't it be awesome if Han Yan choreographed a programme for him?!!! I would like Yuma to continue developing his artistic side and challenge himself.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I’ve always wanted to see one of the top ladies do the soundtrack of the Crown. Beautiful score.

bcskatingacademy

Spectator
Country
Canada
I really enjoyed last year's thread about dream music suggestions. So I thought, why not starting one for next season already, posting our music suggestions for specific skaters/skating in general? :giggle: (I hope this doesn't comes off as tasteless during this day... I feel like I need some sort of distraction from the news)

A suggestion for the thread is to keep one piece of music per post (or, if a mix is proposed, the pieces that you want in the mix). This way it's easier to react more specifically to others suggestions.
Also, If you have input on if the music is skateable or not, and why, I at least would appreciate thoughts! Like, how it builds, is it too fast etc.
(I'm not going to use the music or anything, just like to think about these things. Trying to act choreographer in my head :biggrin: )
And lastly, perhaps we can try to avoid warhorses! Doesn't have to be music no one has ever skated to before, but like, we can try to keep it fresh! (here one can check if the music has been used a lot before)

Looking forward to your music suggestions!
I am so happy to have found this thread! I always have trouble finding new and exciting music for my skaters.