Music suggestions for 2022-23 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Music suggestions for 2022-23

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i love classical music, i love also modern music, you know what i can't stand? cheesy ballads (and operatic pop but that's another story :LOL: ). you know what's a perfect marriage between classical music and modern one? METAL, bring metal, actual metal, to figure skating. i mean you don't have to go all hipster and find some unknown progressive metal band, populat hair metal would be good too, classic metal would be perfect, like Iron Maiden and they made ballads too (hello american and canadians pair teams)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There should be less classical and more modern/alternative/rock music. I want a program to be memorable and it starts with the music choice.

yesterday

Record Breaker
I want a male skater to skate to Judas Priest's Painkiller. :slink:I wonder if something like that would be doable, what with the frantic speed.
Less soft rock and more hard rock/metal would be nice. And no depressing slow covers.
:LOL:
Well, probably Kazuki?

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wouldn't mind more modern music, but half the time, it's a terrible cover, like with Writing's on the Wall. The only cover I like is Jackie Evancho's and no one uses that one.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I want a male skater to skate to Judas Priest's Painkiller. :slink:I wonder if something like that would be doable, what with the frantic speed.
Less soft rock and more hard rock/metal would be nice. And no depressing slow covers.
The right and quick footed skater could pull this off. ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't mind more modern music, but half the time, it's a terrible cover, like with Writing's on the Wall. The only cover I like is Jackie Evancho's and no one uses that one.
There’s a cover of Rise Against by a band named Adalie that was uploaded 10 years ago that I think would hold a candle to the original version. It’s a teensy bit faster than the original by Rise Against, but it would still work.

Sometimes people have to look a bit harder to find really good covers. The ones to alternative/pop punk/emo I’ve seen to have find decent covers to.

I do agree that there have been some…questionable covers that have been skated to over the years, but doing more searches on YouTube or wherever would eliminate or at least decrease that.

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Wow, I can play that, the Dance Macabre by Saint-Saëns! 😁 That'd be an idea, to use more music of this eclectic composer!!! 👍🏻 Look at The Swan used by Isabeau Levito for her amazingly beautiful junior program for example!!