Oscar Awards drama | Golden Skate

Oscar Awards drama

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm watching the Oscars, and Chris Rock just crossed the line with trying to joke about Jada and Will Smith, who were both sitting right there in the front row. Will got up, walked up to the stage and punched Rock in the face (not hard, but it was a punch). Will went back to his seat, and the network muted the sound as Will was seen sitting in his seat saying to Rock: "Keep my wife's name out of your f'*g mouth." Unbelievable but true.

P. Diddy later came on to introduce a tribute to The Godfather, and said something about wanting to get Will and Chris together with Jada later to resolve that bust-up.

ETA:
I didn't exactly hear what Rock said, but he says a lot of things in poor taste. I heard that Jada may have alopecia, so Rock may have made an in-poor taste joke about her wearing her head shaved. The year when Jada and Will protested the Oscars because of the #OscarsSoWhite movement, Rock was the host that year and he made a lot of fun of Will and especially of Jada. The next day, someone in the media saw Jada in an airport and asked her about Rock's joke on international television. Jada replied: "It comes with the territory," and she kept walking.

I'm glad someone in the media realizes that Will's reaction to Chris Rock's unnecessary GI-Joe2 barb at Jada, predates more nastier jokes Rock made at Jada's expense, while hosting the 2016 Oscars:

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And Will Smith has won for Best Actor playing Richard Williams in King Richard!

In his grateful acceptance speech, Will was humble and apologetic about what he had done earlier during the broadcast. But he also referenced the importance of being a protector of one's family. I'm happy for Will. :cheer: He also said that Denzel Washington who was nominated for Macbeth, and who was sitting next to him, told him: "Be careful. In your highest moment, the devil will come for you."

Jessica Chastain wins for playing Tammy Faye. I'm happy for her. She's had 3 nominations, and this is her first win.

Last edited: