Pairs LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
There has to be feed problems as this is the first time I have ever had issues with CBC. IN is a whole other story - have been waiting for a refund for over a month now as IN is useless to us in Canada,

DaveT

On the Ice
Good news! IN is now working. :clap:

I was going to say not for me and then it came up as I was typing. This is my first ever Ice Network issue this season or last except one event earlier this season the sound was messed up for the pairs.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Ooouch!
Rough day for Jessica and Bryce...she single the axel, double the salcow, fell on the throw...

Last edited:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I feel so bad for Dube/Davison! I haven't seen them blow up like that...well, ever. It's a shame, but It looks like the final might not happen for them now. I hope I'm wrong!

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I am having a brain fart - when there is a multiple tie for GP final - is it total points or do they look at the results when the tied skaters have skated against each other? If my math is right D/D are in 7th place for standings and M/B are in 6th (by points) so M/B would go but D/D placed higher than them at SC so is that taken into consideration?

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
I feel so bad for Dube/Davison! I haven't seen them blow up like that...well, ever. It's a shame, but It looks like the final might not happen for them now. I hope I'm wrong!

Unfortunately, you are right. It looks like S/S, Z/Z, P/T, K/S, V/M, and M/T are in the final.
I hope they would be able to regroup and improve after they come home.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
They should score it like hockey!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is a tie, the tie breaker is the record between the two teams - the team that beat the other one would move forward.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
I did some math. D/D will end up with 24 points, 13 from Skate Canada and 11 from NHK. That'll make them even with McLauchlin/Brubaker, Mukhortova/Trakov and Volohoszar/Morozov, who currently take up spots 4, 5 and 6 on the qualification list. Pang/Tong will get ahead of them, so that leaves those three teams and D/D to fight for the last two spots to the final in the tiebreaker. It could go anyone's way.

gold12345

Medalist
I am having a brain fart - when there is a multiple tie for GP final - is it total points or do they look at the results when the tied skaters have skated against each other? If my math is right D/D are in 7th place for standings and M/B are in 6th (by points) so M/B would go but D/D placed higher than them at SC so is that taken into consideration?

No, with P/T winning here, M/B aren't going either. They are behind M/T in the tiebreak, despite beating them at Skate America.

I hate the tiebreak.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Another awful pairs competiton but I'm very happy for Pang & Tong. They skated very well with some minor glitches. Many people are writing them off but they have registered the highest LP score for this season(beating S&S by 2 pts). I hate Pang's air positions in those lifts though. The concept of this program is pretty neat though.

oleada

Record Breaker
The problem with that is that in the GP, not all teams go head-to-head with each other.

That said, D/D have looked very lackluster this season. Their programs have no spark. However, I'm glad M&T are going to the final.

Final qualifiers for the GP:

Savchenko & Szolkowy GER 30
Zhang & Zhang CHN 30
Kawaguchi & Smirnov RUS 28
Pang & Tong CHN 26
Volosozhar & Morozov UKR 24
Mukhortova & Trankov RUS 24

Alternates
1. McLaughlin & Brubaker USA 24
2. Dube & Davison CAN 24
3. Rena Inoue & John Badlwin USA 20

Last edited:

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Every season there are superior skaters who are left out of GP final due to tie breaks/poor draws. The GP final is not truly the top 6 teams/skaters and it is so frustrating to see this season after season.

It is a shame that a poor skate cost them a berth at the GPF but such is life.

The ISU really needs to look at using seeding when assigning GP events rather than leaving it up to the feds to decide who goes where.

oleada

Record Breaker
Every season there are superior skaters who are left out of GP final due to tie breaks/poor draws. The GP final is not truly the top 6 teams/skaters and it is so frustrating to see this season after season.

The ISU really needs to look at using seeding when assigning GP events rather than leaving it up to the feds to decide who goes where.

Well, D&D had every chance to qualify for the final, just like any other pair did, but 3/4 programs in the GP this season have been lackluster - both their SPs, and their LPs. At least Mukhortova & Trankov have skated gorgeous SPs this season. McLaughlin & Brubaker had a solid SP and fantastic LP at SA and a great SP at SC. I'm sorry but this season, Dubé & Davison do not look like superior skaters over M&T and M&B.

D&D did not have a poor draw here at all. If anything, it was the weakest of the pairs events.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
D&D absolutely blew it... Their conditioning is the worst I've seen. At Skate Canada, they looked very strong in sbs jumps. What has happened since then?

bekalc

Record Breaker

And you think with that skate that D/D are top six in the world really???? They aren't placing top 6 with that skate.

D/D hardly had poor draws. They aren't in the GPF because they skated poorly.