Pairs - Short program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Short program

Rosaleen

Medalist
11 Elizaveta LEVSHINA / Konstantin GAVRIN - RUS
Music: Baxter both in black with white - she has lace effect on front he had horizontal white bands around top /
Sbs 2a / back entrance to straddle with change of hand - all the way through it looked like it was going to come down early - don't know how he managed to keep it going / 2tw is low but clean / spirals were nice to watch - little different than the usual / thr 3s fell out / bods doesn't get near low enough either by her or by him in pivot / sbs spins maintain good speed & matching pos but were out of sync for most of the spins / pair spin is nice - with the music /
PB 46.98 TES 26.61 PCS 20.24 Tot 46.85 currently 5th

lev 4 sbs spins / lev 3 - lift, spirals, pair spin / lev 2 - twist / lev 1 - death spiral

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
12 Bridget NAMIOTKA / John COUGHLIN - USA
Music: Time to Say Goodbye both in black with bit of silver trim around the edges of her dress /
Pair spin to start is excellent with great transitions between the positions - lovely pos too / 2tw is high & floaty / thr 3s bit forward on landing but clean / sbs 2a - she was a bit tight on the landing but held on to it / sbs spins with good pos - a tiny bit out of sync on the change of foot but got it back quickly / back entrance to lift to one hand where she is 'siting' on the hand supporting her / spirals are well done / bods - great speed and lovely pos / and boy are they happy /
PB 47.53 TES 29.22 PCS 21.54 Tot 50.76 new PB currently 2nd

lev 4 lift / lev 3 pair spin, spirals / lev 2 twist, sbs spins / lev 1 - death spiral

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
13 Ksenia KRASILNIKOVA / Konstantin BEZMATERNIKH - RUS
Music: The Circus Princess by Kalman her in white on top with black skirt, him in black with white on one shoulder & silver-edged cutouts on chest & other arm /
Sbs 2a bit out of sync and far apart but clean / thr 3s - she barely hung onto it and stepped forward a bit quick, not sure if quick enough to call it a step out / 2tw is quite good - floaty but not high / sbs spins - very good matching pos & sync until right near end when they went out / back entrance to lift to one hand then he stops rotation and rotates the other way - very difficult / spirals are good / bods with very good pos by her and change of hands that didn't grind to a halt / pair spin is well-done with good speed until the upside down pos /
PB 52.50 TES 30.44 PCS 22.57 Tot 53.01 new PB currently 2nd

lev 4 - lift, death spiral, pair spin / lev 3 - twist / lev 2 - sbs spin, spirals

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
14 Sally HOOLIN / Jake BENNETT - GBR
Music: Romero & Juilet both in royal purple velvet with cream trim
Bods - very good speed & nice pos but she doesn't get near low enough / back entrance to lift that had a bit of an unsteady set down / thr 3s fell / pair spin starts with opposing camels to crouch change to back version of same pos / sbs 2a she under rot he stumbled out / sbs spins had nice matching pos - a little different than usual - with nice changes of speed / 2tw was a little low and a bit crashy on the catch / spirals were nicely done with a unusual 'mirror' pos with legs to side /
PB 38.72 TES 18.81 PCS 14.09 Ded 2.00 Tot 30.90 currently 14th

lev 3 - spirals 7 spair spin / lev 2 sbs spin / lev 1 - rest / 2a downgraded

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
15 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV - RUS
Music: Love Story her in bright peach him in match shirt & navy pants
Lovely 2tw from a pendulum entrance - floaty / thr 3s is lovely (I know I'm using that word too much) / sbs 2a didn't quite see her but from the screams she did rotate it / I don't know how to describe the lift exc ept she's in a no hands upside down catch-foot pos - great with a unique exit /and now I'm way behind / combo spins matched well with good speed / spirals carried the speed throughout / bods was great as well as was the pair spin to end /
PB 48.95 TES 32.00 PCS 23.06 TOT 55.06 new PB currently in 2nd

lev 4 - sbs spin & lift / lev 3 - twist, spirals / lev 2 rest

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
16 Amanda SUNYOTO-YANG / Darryll SULINDRO-YANG - TPE
Music: Beautiful Energy both in black with red trim - he has a cummerbund in red - sharp-looking costumes /
2tw is excellent - floaty - from ina bauer by both / sbs 2a both have major problems / back entrance to lift - he moves well and she has good pos / thr 2s / sbs spins are quite far apart but pos match and in sync for the most part / spirals are well-done, if a bit slow / pair spin with oppsing camels to crouch change foot to reverse then upside down pos - not bad at all / bods is excellent - great pos by both of them and change of hand / much better skate than I expected from them
PB 31.47 TES 25.90 PCS 15.66 Ded 1.00 Tot 40.56 new PB currently 11th

lev 4 - spirals lift / lev 3 twist both spins / lev 2 death spiral

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
I have to leave now to get to the press conference for the pairs, but I will be back later to update you on the elements for the pairs.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
ouch

Ouch! Li & Xu, bombed. Well, I didn't realize the rules for Jr. pairs. Under this rule, their goal should be top 10 instead of medals :love: . Their throws typically are throw 3 toe and throw 3loop,but obviously they are not allowed to do those in the SP so. they can only manage throw 2sal. They are also not allowed to do sbs 3toe, nor triple twist. Too bad.

italia

Rinkside
If they can do 3tw and throw 3t and 3lo...theyll get alot of pts in the freeskate tho

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
If they can do 3tw and throw 3t and 3lo...theyll get alot of pts in the freeskate tho

If they can land those things in LP, they have a shot at top 10. When I first looked at those scores, I was literally shocked since they scored 51 points at a grand prix event TEB, and did pretty well at Asian games.

Only after reading Rosaleen's reports, I sort of understood what had happened.

Thanks again, Rosaleen.

Brubaker is not like selected TALL Russians, but he's built like he could win any kind of wrestling. Apparently, all his lady partners grow taller and he just takes on another. Bravo.

These Russian Pairs were not in the JPG were they?

Joe

chipso1

Rinkside
Brubaker is not like selected TALL Russians, but he's built like he could win any kind of wrestling. Apparently, all his lady partners grow taller and he just takes on another. Bravo.

Joe

:rolleye:
I don't think Keauna is built quite like Muriel Miller...I don't think they'll have the same growth problems that Miller/Brubaker had.

Cal Girl

Rinkside
The girl just turned 14 in Sept. She is tiny but 14 year old girls grow! However, they are quite lovely together and I wish them success while it lasts.

Rosaleen

Medalist
Sorry I didn't get back to this to put the levels in last night - just too much to do and not enough time before they were locking the doors on me (and I don't have internet back at the guesthouse).

I'm editing each of my posts to put the levels in - hopefully will get done before the 2nd group of men hit the ice. If not, I'll try and get them done tonight but not promises !

northguy

Rinkside
Sorry I didn't get back to this to put the levels in last night - just too much to do and not enough time before they were locking the doors on me (and I don't have internet back at the guesthouse).

I'm editing each of my posts to put the levels in - hopefully will get done before the 2nd group of men hit the ice. If not, I'll try and get them done tonight but not promises !

Thank you so much. :bow: I am sincerely grateful for your dedication and fantastic work.