Rate Lipinski/Weir | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Rate Lipinski/Weir

meem

On the Ice
I prefer Ryan Bradley, Paul Wylie (who has also skated pairs in juniors), Judy Blumberg & Tanith. Tara seems to be getting better this week. Johnny is too enamored with everything Russian (plus his blase voice is annoying). I agree with earlier comments that T & J have missed or not commented on mistakes made in programs (I believe one time Terry pointed out an error when Tara & Johnny said nothing!)

Manitou

Medalist
Six!

I love them. Funny, with characters and knowledgeable.
Sandra bores me to death, Scott annoys me, the Brits on NBC Live have as much life as zombies on The Walking Death.
Bring Tanith, keep Tara and Johny and we will have a dream team!

noskates

Record Breaker
I really, really like Johnny. I think he's competent and explains things in a manner that the casual fan can understand and the uber fan can appreciate. I feel sorry for him because he can't get a word in edgewise with motor-mouth Tara. She interupts him, answers questions directed at him, and I think she has a mean edge to her. You can see him visibly just quit trying to speak sometimes. I could give a rat's butt whether SHE is feeling a program. I think she's too negative. But overall I have to agree that both are better than Scott and Sandra. You have to chuckle at Scott's enthusiasm but he doesn't explain things very well and the grunts and groans get to be a bit much. And don't even get me started on the ethereal Sandra Bezic. The few times I heard Ryan Bradley I was very impressed with him. He has a nice delivery, is knowledgeable, and isn't negative. I think that broadcasters, no matter what country they're from, should always be objective. If they're asked their opinion that's something else. But again - it has little or no interest to me who Tara likes and who she doesn't. I think she's very self-centered and wants to be the object of attention at all times.

Tanith is great for ice dancing.

waxel

Final Flight
Overall, I think the Weir/Lipinski pairing is successful. Rather chatty and comfy, and usually astute (with Johnny giving the more successful IJS remarks) but with a more youthful vibe. They're certainly less histrionic than Hamilton and Bezic. Plus they have name recognition- to a certain degree- for the younger demographic. (Of course Scotty has the most star power of all, no one -except us- knows or cares who Bezic is).

Tracy Wilson has always been the standard (she could do expert commentary on every discipline) but doesn't have the fireworks that some may deem necessary for primetime.

Tanith Belbin has been a delight as a commentator! Very knowledgeable and extremely well spoken.

Getting back to the thread- Tara and Johnny may be heir-apparents? (Assuming figure skating will remain a marginally televised sport.)