Rochette and Chan will be ambassadors for Worlds 2024 in Montreal. | Golden Skate

Rochette and Chan will be ambassadors for Worlds 2024 in Montreal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The news on the official website

Also, on the home page, one can sign in to get on the fan mailing list and get first dibs at a an all event pass... the starting price for the whole week = 450 CAD. In 2020, I waited and bought individual sessions as I didn't care for the gala (still don't care) and didn't want to miss too much work... This time, I am going all-in... and will buy an all-event pass... Not sure if I will go for better seats.. It will depend on the price point... 450 is not much for me considering I have no need to spend a penny on travel or hotels... I live 25 minutes away from the venue... by foot...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So happy that Patrick will be going ... he was supposed to be there in 2020... I hope they both perform !

I would love to see Joannie and Patrick skate but they may have retired too long. Patrick made a bit of a comeback for SOI recently but he wasn't able to regain his bigger jumps in such a short time. Dr. Rochette is rather busy being a doctor.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
but why would patrick aim to regain his bigger jumps??? many skaters do gala programs with 3toes,3sals and 2a...Patrick did that before he retired. Did he perform a triple flip at times in galas? Maybe...quite possible...but he certainly didn't go for quads and 3as. Some skaters enjoy including big tricks in gala programs... but Patrick was always about program construction, edge quality and great skating. I am all for the tricks in competitive programs... but for a gala, bring on the good skating... as a matter of fact, a jump is less than a second.. i'd rather see Patrick skate than jump at this point. Joannie kept very competitive layouts after retirement, participating in Japan Open with good results for a while for instance. However, she did retire from skating 13 years ago... and i don't think she's done shows recently. She is indeed very busy with her new career.

Honestly, i don't really think either of them will perform... but i cannot help but have big dreams, especially after having spent 600 bucks on tickets.