Shae-Lynn Bourne and Jason Brown skate Riverdance together | Golden Skate

Shae-Lynn Bourne and Jason Brown skate Riverdance together

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This clip has been posted in two separate threads, but judging by the reaction on social media, it deserves its own post

(and not just because of my fandom ;) )

Jason Brown. Shae-Lynn Bourne. An inspired pairing, skating to Riverdance

ETA:
Jason's IG has the routine, since the YouTube version was taken down. ;(

☘️☘️☘️

Last edited:
Bourne still got it ;)

Of course, this is me being picky, but I would have liked more of them "together" instead of alternating.. but great performance nevertheless.
I got the opposite feeling. Jason is nit an ice dancer. Wew wou8ld not expect to see them in hold or doing lifts, especially given the music. And I was quite impressed with tyhe side by side unison.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I got the opposite feeling. Jason is nit an ice dancer. Wew wou8ld not expect to see them in hold or doing lifts, especially given the music. And I was quite impressed with tyhe side by side unison.
I am not thinking of Jason as an ice dancer and wanting him to do lifts... but there are some bits where they dance together, in synch, one beside another... those were the highlights for me... not the solo spin or the jump... or when they skate alone for 20 seconds at a time...

Plus, we have often seen singles skaters in such duets interact more.. and honestly, if hockey players from battle of the blades can achieve duo choreo in a couple weeks time... i am sure Jason and Shae-Lynn could improve that number just a bit...

To me, this was a great performance, but not something I will necessarily revisit often as it felt done a bit last minute without enough interaction between them, rather than a polished number.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not thinking of Jason as an ice dancer and wanting him to do lifts... but there are some bits where they dance together, in synch, one beside another... those were the highlights for me... not the solo spin or the jump... or when they skate alone for 20 seconds at a time...

Plus, we have often seen singles skaters in such duets interact more.. and honestly, if hockey players from battle of the blades can achieve duo choreo in a couple weeks time... i am sure Jason and Shae-Lynn could improve that number just a bit...

To me, this was a great performance, but not something I will necessarily revisit often as it felt done a bit last minute without enough interaction between them, rather than a polished number.

I am sure it was last minute, as I have not seen Jason with Shae-Lynn other than at this show, and he arrived three days before the show. Battle of the Blades may have more time ;)

I agree that the pairings were the highlight: that paired hydrobalde, wowza! And the arm in arm dancing. I did enjoy seeing the bits of Jason’s Riverdance, and Shae-Lynn’s Riverdance, (and especially the part where Shae-Lynn does one of Jason’s moves:)) but they could have had more together.

Not to worry, I am rewatching this enough to make up for any three people 😁

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am sure it was last minute, as I have not seen Jason with Shae-Lynn other than at this show, and he arrived three days before the show. Battle of the Blades may have more time ;)

I agree that the pairings were the highlight: that paired hydrobalde, wowza! And the arm in arm dancing. I did enjoy seeing the bits of Jason’s Riverdance, and Shae-Lynn’s Riverdance, (and especially the part where Shae-Lynn does one of Jason’s moves:)) but they could have had more together.

Not to worry, I am rewatching this enough to make up for any three people 😁
imagine if they took the time to really "create" this number together ;)

I am sure you will rewatch it enough to make up for me and all members of my never-ending extended family ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This clip has been posted in two separate threads, but judging by the reaction on social media, it deserves its own post

(and not just because of my fandom ;) )

Jason Brown. Shae-Lynn Bourne. An inspired pairing, skating to Riverdance

ETA:
Jason's IG has the routine, since the YouTube version was taken down. ;(

☘️☘️☘️

What a marvelous mashup of their respective RD programs. Thank you. This definitely got the day off to a fine start!