Skate With Sasha Cohen in the New York Marshalls Skate Fest | Golden Skate

Skate With Sasha Cohen in the New York Marshalls Skate Fest

bronxgirl

Medalist
To be perfectly honest, I love your reports and enthusiasm, I love the Golden Girls,but I wish you could find another quote from the show. I'm not a prude, but there are children who look at the site. :)

S

SkateFan4Life

SailorGalaxia518 said:
http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=27712

P.S: I know this is a little off-topic but what do you guys think about my signature???

Whoa! I thought Sasha Cohen was INJURED. She pulled out of two Grand Prix events during the past few weeks because of her back injury, and now she's embarking on public skating appearances? How do you think the ISU will look at this kind of activity?

Guys, I'm not bashing Sasha; however, if she truly is injured, then why is she taking the risk of aggravating the injury with this type of public event? :sheesh:

She's on the mend. I doubt if she will be doing any 7 triple performances in these appearances. Easy does it. I hope she will be up to par by the time of the Marshalls competition. If not, I think she will still try to skate, maybe just scaling back a little.

As for what the ISU thinks, I hope they are glad that she is feeling better and glad that she is able to make these goodwill appearances for the benefit of the sport.

Mathman:)

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Cohen was injured. AFAIK, she withdrew from the GP because she followed the instructions of her doctor who told her, among other stuff, not to do triple jumps for a certain amount of time. I think we can all agree that triple jumps are required in elite competition...

If she does like Plushenko (claiming he can't fly or do very demanding programs, but still flies the same for shows and lands quads in other events) and is doing hard programs in these promotional events, then I would think the ISU wouldn't be very happy. But so far, I haven't read anything that showed that she had been going against her doctors' instructions.

LBC

On the Ice
The skatefests aren't exhibitions. In the other 2 all Sasha did was skate around with the kids and do a few spins. She then had an autograph session. It is an appearance to promote skating. It is also in NYC so she isn't traveling anywhere for it.

Fossi

Final Flight
Am I the only one that doesn't think Cohen's injury was legit? If my suspicions are correct, I suspect that Wagner will drop her like a bad apple. Robin won't tolerate that kind of behavior. I think Cohen simply didn't train, and it showed at the cheesefest, where she was LUCKY to be on the podium.
If she can do all these things with skating, and now says there will be a "surprise" in her LP, something is up.

I don't see any reason to doubt it, Fossi. She missed a whole season due to a back injury in the past.

But if she didn't train vigorously in the summer, that could play a role, too. Trying to catch up could very easily put more of a strain on her back, it seems to me.

Anyway, we'll have a chance to see how she is progressing in a couple of weeks at Marshalls.

Mathman