So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching?? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching??

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess when it comes right down to it, I agree with the decision about Hok too. I don't get it about Anya at all.

Dee

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Although Hok is a wonderful unique dancer, he kind of sucked at the samba, the waltz and contemporary. So he's been good in only two out of five dances. He had a good run on the show, but time for him to go.

As for Anya, I am really sad. I think she has great presence and Lauren doesn't. Lauren's solo was blah and her technique is average. She hasn't done a single performance in the first five weeks that stands out for me.

I was waiting for the moment Anya and Pasha would get to dance together -- even if it was in a Mia Michaels routine. As a viewer, I feel short changed.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although Hok is a wonderful unique dancer, he kind of sucked at the samba, the waltz and contemporary. So he's been good in only two out of five dances. He had a good run on the show, but time for him to go.
I know Pixie Cut but he was so damn cute. I loved his accent. The only reason I am not really sad is that Danny got to stay. My first choice is Danny, then Pasha. Dominic?? (don't know if that's his name for sure) is too silly for me, kind of like Benji and that's why I didn't especially like him.

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Dominic?? (don't know if that's his name for sure) is too silly for me, kind of like Benji and that's why I didn't especially like him.
I was not into that team at first, but I agree with the judges that they grew A LOT during the competition. Lauren - I just find very forgettable. If it were just between Anya and Jamie, that would have been different, but Lauren should have been the one out. I guess 1 Russian is enough for the top 10.

I find it ironic that both Russian ladies (Anya and Faina) had to leave after a very well done foxtrot (Faina I thought was exquisite in hers, not her fault Cedric couldn't foxtrot to save his life).

heyang

Record Breaker
I wasn't too surprised by either Anya or Hok.

Anya's solos haven't been that good. Yeah - it's hard to do solos when you dance Latin Ballroom. However, Heidi managed to save herself last season and she had the same specialties. I didn't think Anya's performances during hip hop and contemporary were that good - Danny was the star of those and matched or exceeded her in the partner dances. I think Lauren had only a partner dance Tango with Neil, which was not good. Otherwise, she's been ok. I think the judges kept Lauren instead of Anya because the competition becomes individual starting next week and they saw something in Lauren's solo last night - they probably also want to see how Lauren works with a better dancer, whereas Anya has not risen to meet Danny's level. Of the bottom 3, Jamie was the best with regards to performance, diversity and technique.

I really enjoyed Hok and he seems like a great diversely talented guy, with a great attitude about life. His downfall was not being able to partner dance. I don't think Bojangles not being old enough was the problem because he was great as a Hummingbird. Danny and Neil are just much better technical dancers.

Of the remaining 5 ladies, Lauren will be the most likely to be gone next just based on comparing her past performances against Lacey's, Sara's, Sabra's and Jamie's. Otherwise, the ladies are tought to call. For some reason, I think Sabra or Jamie after Lauren. Sabra's personality doesn't come across that strongly on camera and this is a popular voting contest. Lacey's got a popular vote and I kinda think that Sara does, too. I've read on some boards that some people find Jamie annoying, which I haven't read anything of that nature about the other top 5 ladies.

Of the remaining 5 men, I think Kameron might be the next to go - he's avoided the bottom 3 by being paired with Lacey. Neil will likely not make it to top 6. Pasha and Dominic are more personable and have the popular vote. Danny gets the technical vote.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golly, I am a little nervous about Danny (my favorite) going home, I hope not. The judges really kind of rake him over the coals regarding his lack of passion. It reminded me a lot of what people say about Johnny Weir. I either don't need that from a performer or I really don't understand what they mean. I love watching Danny, I watch his whole body, especially his hands.

I will be very sad :cry: :cry: if either Danny or Pasha goes. Either Cameron, Neil or Dominic could go and it wouldn't bother me as much.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like PAsha, but really none of the guys stand out for me....

I love Lacey and Jamie... the rest I could do without

I think last year had a lot more personality wise... and just better dancing

and if I never hear that John Mayer song I can die a happy girl.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I thought it was interesting that the ladies yesterday tended to do much better than the guys. For the solos, the only guy I liked was Danny, whereas from the ladies I loved Sabra, Lacy, and (gulp) Lauren.

I think last year had a lot more personality wise... and just better dancing
I agree about personality, but think the dancing is actually better this year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well we all know I know nothing of dance... but I liked a lot of the routines last year.. maybe it was just more fun...

I liked Jamie and... um... yeah what's his name's Man of Lamancha, and I was watching her not him most of the time... so that shows I know nothing of technique as the judges hated it (I love the song too so maybe I was blinded lol)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree about personality, but think the dancing is actually better this year.
Last year I could barely watch for all the silliness. It's OK to a degree but it was a constant with Benji. I think Dominic got into trouble for doing it a little too much and the judges called him on it.

The guys who really stand out for me are Danny, then Pasha. I think they have the best technique.

For some reason, I am not a big Lacey fan.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
I actually don't find Lacey as likeable as her brother. One of the judges told Lacey that she performs, but essentially with a shield between her and the audience. You just liked him as a person. I've read that others find Lacey to be 'fake'.

As for this season, I think Benji and Donyelle spoiled me a bit. No other team since has matched their chemistry - you really wondered if there might be some attachment until they started to change partners. The final 4 last year just really improved during the course of the season.

This season, I think they've got a larger variety of personalities, but every one of them lacks either in personality and/or performance and some lack technique, too. I also think they've had fewer choreographers this year, which is brought down the variety in the dances, too. I also feel that I haven't seen as much growth with some of the top 10 dancers, too.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well at least this week I am not sad. :clap: :clap: :agree:

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bummed about Jamie :(

does anyone else get really turned off by Lauren... she seems very full of herself to me...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like Lauren, and I also think she quite a cutie. I think her cuteness is quite genuine. In my opinion, she has the kind of bubbly personality that is quite infectious. Sabra is my other favorite.

Dee